Idea, Copy Petro targeting idea for GBUs and give them to Jester.

Soulres

That would be like a Ford car using a BMW FLIR without paying BMW anything. Would you give your competitors something in demand, for nothing?

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

22 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

That would be like a Ford car using a BMW FLIR without paying BMW anything. Would you give your competitors something in demand, for nothing?

Would actually be like Crysler giving FIATS the same Traction control programming. Competitors until you realize both are owned by the same Parent company.  Why should you do it?

Cause it would make one of your products sell better than it would without it as people who want Crysler pickup trucks (F-14B) are looking at Crysler pickup trucks (F-14B) and not FIAT tiny cars (Mi-24P). And people who want Fiat Tiny cars(Mi-24P) are looking at Fiat Tiny cars(Mi-24P) and not Crysler Pickup Trucks.(F-14B)

I understand the "Xbox vs Playstation" mentality but it holds no power here.

*edit* and to answer your question with another question, Why wouldn't you want one of your products to sell better?

Edited by Soulres

Who wouldn’t want their product to sell better! , but which competitor would offer help?

Both in the same market, neither will team up or offer out their “greatest edge”, so why would they do it for free? Then you run into “who gets top billing” if they do miraculously join?

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

19 hours ago, Swordsman422 said:

I doubt it's as easy as CRTL-C, CRTL-V. Just because the sentence is short doesn't mean the process is. HB is teaching Jester how to use LANTIRN in their own way and it'll work as realistically as possible. Just be patient.

Never will know unless you actually look at it. People doubted we wern't the center of the universe and all they had to do was look up at night. Considering how Basic and simple Petro is vs Making an Ai "As realistic as possible" ALREADY Considering everyone really hates Jester Ejecting randomly, Losing Lock on non-maneuvering targets on a sunny calm day, and random call outs that make no sense. 

Sounds alot like something a marketing team would say and not a programing team with a deadline. (Probably why hide nor hair is around)

17 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Who wouldn’t want their product to sell better! , but which competitor would offer help?

Both in the same market, neither will team up or offer out their “greatest edge”, so why would they do it for free? Then you run into “who gets top billing” if they do miraculously join?

Petro is their "Greatest Edge" according to you? Boi...

And Ed has helped other Third parties in the past so why would it be a problem now? (besides it triggering you)

Its not like Third Parties make 100% and give ED 0%

Its not like Petrovich is going to be flying the Apache

Its not like anyone bought the Mi24P JUST BECAUSE of Petrovich

Its not like anyone bought the F-14 JUST BECASUE of Jester

So why is it a problem? Why is it so outrageous? Besides the idea triggering you of course.

7 minutes ago, Soulres said:

Never will know unless you actually look at it. People doubted we wern't the center of the universe and all they had to do was look up at night. Considering how Basic and simple Petro is vs Making an Ai "As realistic as possible" ALREADY Considering everyone really hates Jester Ejecting randomly, Losing Lock on non-maneuvering targets on a sunny calm day, and random call outs that make no sense. 

Sounds alot like something a marketing team would say and not a programing team with a deadline. (Probably why hide nor hair is around)

Petro is their "Greatest Edge" according to you? Boi...

And Ed has helped other Third parties in the past so why would it be a problem now? (besides it triggering you)

Its not like Third Parties make 100% and give ED 0%

Its not like Petrovich is going to be flying the Apache

Its not like anyone bought the Mi24P JUST BECAUSE of Petrovich

Its not like anyone bought the F-14 JUST BECASUE of Jester

So why is it a problem? Why is it so outrageous? Besides the idea triggering you of course.

No idea chap, I don’t have Hind. But, if it’s something they have worked hard on, why would they basically give it to a competitor for nothing? Triggered?? Don’t make me laugh, it’s you who have been triggered into responding. I was stating a standard business fact.

Edited by G.J.S

26 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

No idea chap, I don’t have Hind. But, if it’s something they have worked hard on, why would they basically give it to a competitor for nothing? Triggered?? Don’t make me laugh, it’s you who have been triggered into responding. I was stating a standard business fact.

Next time you have No idea what you're talking about, shouldn't talk about it like ya do chap. 

And since you didnt get the first analogy I'll explain it like you're 12. 

ED owns DCS.  'DCS F-14B'.  NOT 'Heatblur F-14B' So when you Buy the F-14B who gets money?(ill answer for you since you're inept) ED Then HeatBlur gets a % from ED. Which means ED profits from F-14B sales, that you seem to think they are against.

Take your 'Playstation vs Xbox' argument elsewhere kid, dont make me say it athird time.

Edited by Soulres

23 minutes ago, Soulres said:

Next time you have No idea what you're talking about, shouldn't talk about it like ya do chap. 

And since you didnt get the first analogy I'll explain it like you're 12. 

ED owns DCS.  'DCS F-14B'.  NOT 'Heatblur F-14B' So when you Buy the F-14B who gets money?(ill answer for you since you're inept) ED Then HeatBlur gets a % from ED. Which means ED profits from F-14B sales, that you seem to think they are against.

Take your 'Playstation vs Xbox' argument elsewhere kid, dont make me say it athird time.

Oh my god you are hilarious! Last time I was called “kid” was around 36 years ago! 
Okay Donald Trump, explain the business model where (for instance) HB develop a product but only get a percentage for their efforts?

Imagine trying to gain support and traction for an idea and then launching your toys out of the pram at the first bit of constructive criticism. maybe you should ask the devs to implement petro into your daily life that way, when you throw you toys out the pram, they might hit some manners. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soulres said:

Never will know unless you actually look at it...

This is the kind of thing usually said by people who have never done this sort of thing before. I used to work at a CRB, and the project managers had the same expectation that short sentences defining customer demands meant fulfilling the requirement was easy for the fulfillment team when it wasn't.

Jester is a pretty complex system, and the core arguments of his code are probably different that Petro's. So no, you can't just "literally" copy-paste and expect it to work without some serious adjusting. And in this case, why waste time on borrowing someone esle's work when you're building your own system and are a lot closer to the end goal here.

Considering how Basic and simple Petro is vs Making an Ai "As realistic as possible" ALREADY Considering everyone really hates Jester Ejecting randomly, Losing Lock on non-maneuvering targets on a sunny calm day, and random call outs that make no sense.

These are problems I either don't have or don't have with it, so I don't hate it, and I fall under the umbrella of "everyone." I can understand why lock gets lost, especially close in or when the target notches, which is a valid tactic and a challenge to overcome. I also understand that Jester is a work-in-progress, so he isn't perfect yet.

Heatblur isn't interested in making a dumbed-down auto-RIO. Their intent is to make the F-14 experience as realistic as possible, which means modelling the complex avionics and systems, and the challenges the RIO would face in operating his half, and limiting the AI RIO to be not better than a human, which was a fear of the competitive community had anyway.

"More fun" for MOST (not all, because you are obviously excluded from that group) of us is to face the challenges of an F-14 crew as closely as possible, not have some aimbot in our back seat helping us to win skyquake every day.

"Triggered." That's funny considering that you're the one that got pissy when no one came in and said "what a great idea! Why didn't we think of this?" and patted you on the back because "it's literally so simple." What's outrageous about it is that you assume that it's simple, and it very obviously isn't or it wouldn't have taken this amount of time to get Jester where he is now, or even Petro. I'll tell you what I've told everyone else who comes in here and whines about "why haven't they done blank yet. It's so easy;" If you think you can do it better and quicker than the devs, then better hop to it, skippy, and show them what they're doing wrong.

But you can't? No experience doing this sort of thing?

Never will know unless you actually look at it.

I mean, there you go. You've already posted a fine enough reason to strike out on your own and prove us all wrong there, Galileo.

Edited by Swordsman422
  • Like 4

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png