Like the F/A-18C but what are the Super Hornet differences

ruddy122

I know there are Super Hornet Mods but some MODS require you to kill the F/A-18C entirely and replace it with the Super Hornet

What are the differences between an early Super Hornet and the F/A-18C?

Just Curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Some legacy hornets have the touch screen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

1 minute ago, ruddy122 said:

Some legacy hornets have the touch screen

AFAIK only export models (e.g. Spain) have the digital UFC on legacy Hornets.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

The DCS modded super hornet and the DCS Hornet

Sorry for the confusion

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Computer Specs

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Compared to our hornet with the 402 engines the Super hornet has worse STR, loses energy faster, and has much slower acceleration. Avionics are about the same between our hornet and a block I super hornet, later super hornets have much more advanced systems. The super hornet has much better range and payload.

https://books.google.com/books?id=XCcLAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA30&lpg=PA30&dq=F/A-18E+sustained+turn&source=bl&ots=VDPtcyELXn&sig=UJf5CawaEWf0_qeoPm5grVY5xT4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDkQ6AEwBWoVChMI5OyCgpmLyQIVTzqICh1-KQ9S#v=onepage&q=F%2FA-18E sustained turn&f=false

its worth pointing out our hornet is basically the Rolls Royce of hornets. With the old F404-ge-400 engines the old hornets where something of a dog and markedly worse on all the above mentioned perimeters. The High AoA that’s the hornets bread and butter in DCS actually only came about in 2003-2004 with the 10.7 fly by wire software update, the super hornet had this from day one. The Hornet was fairly unremarkable as a fighter till the combined engine and fly-by-wire update, before that it was its cutting edge avionics and multi mission capabilities that made it a big deal.