Khmeimim Air Base

Avalanche110

Its there now, called Bassell Al Assad which is the civil side of the field. 

• Like 3

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

It's kind of a estrange place, on the one side hand Bassel Al-Asad international airport, on the other Khmeimin airbase, two faces of the same reality. Jeppesen still has a few not very complete charts of the place, though I believe not updated since many years despite boasting 2019 date. Hard to find any information of the place aside from a few bits, but makes sense since it's a Russian newly created permanent airbase. From those few bits I believe they are two "places", one international airport, and the airbase since many airports/airbases sharing installations work like that, separated installation for civil and military, though I believe different names for the same place was news to me when I found out.

Well, not perfect but since that's a weird place IRL we're lucky to have it in any way they could implement it. Quite nice flying from/to there.

S!

• Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I've stopped short of badging it Russian federation in my diagrams, but apparently one of the runways has been expanded.  Theres also a bunch of interesting reading about it being the first place to be attacked by rogue micro UAV's. I'm still not 100% clear which runway is civil and which one is military though as it does seem the russian military controlled the whole area. .

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know why this is so hard for Ugra Media. There is only one runway at Khmeimim. The runway closest to the ramp is a taxiway and parking area.  The large aircraft you see in the lower right is being loaded with equipment.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 071216.png

Edited by Zeagle
  • Thanks 2

On 10/31/2021 at 1:14 PM, Zeagle said:

I don't know…

Yep, you should have stopped writing precisely there. It's hard for everyone since, as commented in this very same topic you didn't read beforehand, the base is in constant change since it's a Russian federation permanent base now. No factual data whatsoever more than a few hints here and there. No, it's not only one runway, the 17R is being made longer and wider for larger aircraft, but last (and outdated) info from international airport right there, which apparently nobody knows if is still running, says actual operational runway is 17R. It's hard for everybody to find info about that dark spot in Syria, so more than understandable Ugra can't have it either. It would be pointless to "update" the base to a current status nobody knows, and the works on runway 17R aren't probably finished yet. The base is fine as it is now, last known info about it and that's all.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

2 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Yep, you should have stopped writing precisely there. It's hard for everyone since, as commented in this very same topic you didn't read beforehand, the base is in constant change since it's a Russian federation permanent base now. No factual data whatsoever more than a few hints here and there. No, it's not only one runway, the 17R is being made longer and wider for larger aircraft, but last (and outdated) info from international airport right there, which apparently nobody knows if is still running, says actual operational runway is 17R. It's hard for everybody to find info about that dark spot in Syria, so more than understandable Ugra can't have it either. It would be pointless to "update" the base to a current status nobody knows, and the works on runway 17R aren't probably finished yet. The base is fine as it is now, last known info about it and that's all.

S!

I disagree about "fine as it is now".  The base needs to have its parking fixed/updated as per many YouTube videos shared here.  Good update @Ala13_ManOWar on the runway situation.

Parking spots might be a different thing, I don't say they can't be bugged with regards to aircraft sizes and all, but you here were asking and complaining about the base itself and its current configuration, remember. It's not gonna happen anytime soon they can get updated data about the current operational status of that specific base. We're lucky they modelled it in the first place without cops outside their door.

S!

• Like 1