Cyprus road strips

shu77

While It would be great to have them completely modelled, is there any chance to have the barriers removed from the freeway sections of the 3 Freeway runways on Cyprus? I tried launching from the A1 strip last night, and the centre barrier makes it too tight to get an aircraft up or down. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_strip

• Like 2

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 3:18 AM, shu77 said:

While It would be great to have them completely modelled, is there any chance to have the barriers removed from the freeway sections of the 3 Freeway runways on Cyprus? I tried launching from the A1 strip last night, and the centre barrier makes it too tight to get an aircraft up or down. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_strip

This would be yet another feature to make this map absolutely the best in DCS. 

Long time ago I mentioned how it is strange we were not getting any SAM fixed positions - back then people said it would never happen in DCS - well Syria map has them, so.. hopefully, those public roads runways will make it to DCS as well.

BTW, did you try to remove scenery with trigger - would it remove the road as well?

I will have a look myself as well. 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4 hours ago, Recoil16 said:

Scenery remove - if it works here - will only work in Singleplayer though, so that is less than ideal.

Wait, really? I used it to remove an inconvenient hangar on Beirut Intl from a multiplayer mission (large AI aircraft hit their wingtips on it). I haven't seen any issues with this on my dedicated server thus far. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kortana said:

Wait, really?

Really. Unless they fixed it recently, it only works in singleplayer and for the host in multiplayer, not for the clients. See also:

• Like 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

8 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

Really. Unless they fixed it recently, it only works in singleplayer and for the host in multiplayer, not for the clients. See also:

Huh. Well, the images above were taken today in a dedicated multiplayer server as a client. Maybe it got fixed and it wasn't mentioned?

Edited by Kortana
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kortana said:

Huh. Well, the images above were taken today in a dedicated multiplayer server as a client. Maybe it got fixed and it wasn't mentioned?

I'll be damned.

• Like 2

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

As best I can tell looking at google maps street view these stretches are a dual carriage way with a generous shoulder on each side, and no light poles.  In game its a dual carriage way but between the Light poles and the bollards on either side my little L-39 felt squashed in.  I may have gotten off but I dont think I could have landed.  The other thing I noticed (and not being a mission editor I hadnt considered trying to remove scenery) was that the civilian traffic damages the aircraft so without any way to selectively stop the cars its an all or nothing situation. Not sure if anyone has any ideas on tackling that.  

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Well, for what it's woth, I put it in the wishlist a while back:

I'm no expert in the Mission Editor by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems that there is currently no way (besides deactivating it completely) to influence civilian traffic. If there is, I'd be very much interested as well.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Scenery remove zone has worked for me taking out light poles and central barriers. Keeps the road in. I've only done this for single player so I don't know how  it translates to MP. I have civilian traffic on high and I didn't see any on this road... I didn't actually think about it then but maybe the scenery remove makes them disappear on contact with the zone? I have also placed objects from the ME in the zone and these do remain so you can build a complete base if you wish. The newer modifiable trigger zones also keep the scenery removal to a better area now as previously I had to use large circles which take out much more than I wanted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice, it now it is just the case of testing if the real life location is represented in DCS with the same detail, specifically with the elevation in mind along the road strip. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I checked for two locations as per the real map and it seems it will be rather bumpy strips in DCS...

• 9 months later...

Having the concrete service areas in would be good too, for turning around, rearm/refuel and spawn.

http://www.ukairfields.org.uk/kofinou.html
http://www.ukairfields.org.uk/kornos.html
http://www.ukairfields.org.uk/mandria.html

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2021 at 4:39 PM, Kortana said:

Does it work now or not? I kinda got lost. Would be awesome if this "remove object" now works for MP. 

• Like 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman

@Bananabrai As far as I am aware, yes, this does work in multiplayer. That said, I have only tested in dedicated servers, so it is possible that it doesn't work if you are hosting and playing on the same machine. Due to some funkiness with my ISP provided modem/router, I can't open the ports needed to test that.

Edited by Kortana

18 hours ago, Kortana said:

@Bananabrai As far as I am aware, yes, this does work in multiplayer. That said, I have only tested in dedicated servers, so it is possible that it doesn't work if you are hosting and playing on the same machine. Due to some funkiness with my ISP provided modem/router, I can't open the ports needed to test that.

Hey @Kortana, I think I will test it this weekend, I can give an update. 

Nevertheless, it's already a good message for me, as I have dedi server running soon (too much spare hardware ^^)

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 7:13 PM, Kortana said:

I was able to tests this very short while hosting from my game instance, which is still not working.
The lamp posts weren't even removed for me as the host of this instance. (Which worked in the past, it was just not working for clients, so in that term it kind of got worse)

Besides, to rule out errors, which exact method were you using to remove the objects?

I used a spot with a long 4 lane road on the Syria map west-south-west of Nicosia, Cyprus.
Trigger "On Mission start" with the action of removing map objects (objects only, not trees)
I forgot the precise naming of this action, I cannot post a screenshot atm. I also want to test this with dedicated server again at some point.

• Like 1