Mosquito Force Feedback?

Quick question.

Will the Mosquito model include force feedback?

Hope so for the sake of all FF joystick owners :joystick:

Happy landings,

Talisman
I would guess yes, as FFB in other ED modules is supported.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I would guess yes, as FFB in other ED modules is supported. emoji4.png
Cheers!

Most did not have FFB on initial E/A however... though it has come later prior to coming out of Beta.

• Like 2

Most did not have FFB on initial E/A however... though it has come later prior to coming out of Beta.
Okay, we will cross our fingers then.
The Jug had it on release of I remember correctly!
Cheers!

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Flychuck said:

Can anyone confirm that FFB is included with the Mosquito?

Yes it is 🙂

• Like 2

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great to see it implemented on day one, but sadly it still has the same issues it always had. Two things really need to be addressed yesterday:

1. FFB trim should shift the axis curve accordingly, so the "precision zone" (on a + curve) always is centered around the force trim center and morphs accordingly. This would help steering precisely a lot the farther away from center trim we are.

This is something especially important for the Mossie which has to be trimmed nose heavy a lot. Other planes like the Flankers would also benefit from this, and especially helos also

2. It's great that DCS models the increase of stick force, but TBH it's not great how it does and this affects all warbirds and basically also the Yak-52, but less obviously due to its speed range. The stick is limp at up to ~100kph, gets to full force at around ~200kph and no changes past that at all. So basically you'll have a limp stick on the ground and a 100% stiff one while flying, except for during take offs, landings and hammerheads and similar manoeuvres...

Forces should build up gradually from "Zero to Hero", so you'll even feel a difference between like 250 and 300mph.. Where the upper end of that scale should be, depends on the plane. The 109 stiffens up early while the 190 ot 51 stay well-controllable, the Mossie probably somewhere in between. I mean, we do have stick force limits already (as mentioned in the Mossie EA FAQ - "The Mosquito has very large control forces on the pitch axis due to airflow, and you will have reduced control column movement as speed increases."), so you guys could scale the FFB accordingly. Also, force on the elevators should build up by thrust. This would bring much more immersion and helps utilizing muscle memory to actually feel the plane's speed. Also, nothing to neglect, having a much better FFB implementation in such a great sim might finally convince some manufacturers to produce new FFB units. Still dreaming of a good and affordable FFB base for the most common stick grips out there...

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

13 hours ago, Tigre. said:

A question, to make forcefeedback work correctly with an MS FFB2 it is necessary to set the "swap axis"?

Without this setting the axis travel is extremely hard...

of course yes with MSFFB2, as every other dcs planes.  

• Like 1

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals