PG Qual Supercarrier CASE II weather is incorrect

Hello!

I greatly enjoy the CASE II qualification missions so that I can practice a case III marshal with a case I overhead, but when I went to practice recently I noticed that its impossible to ever get a visual on the carrier itself - there is a low cloud or fall all the way down to the floor around the carrier.

Hope the track file helps, thanks!

case-II-mission-weather-wrong.trk

It's been like this since 2.7 dropped back in March. You can fix it in mission editor or wait who knows how long for an official fix.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

• 1 month later...

From Tech Support:

Alexander Maximov09/04/2021 13:41:12Quote
 1.png (1017.95 Kb)
Hi!

We have already understood your problem. I managed to find the lower limit of the cloud cover (or is it fog?) - 40 feet. On Monday we will try to ask the programmers: did they deliberately create this kind of weather or is it a mistake. According to the terms of the mission, the cloud base is 300 (it is not clear whether it is feet or meters).

Yours sincerely
Alexandr Maximov

Ted Swindle09/04/2021 14:42:11Quote

Case II Carrier Landing.trk (299.65 Kb)
Thanks for the help.

Attached, it is another file, showing the autopilot coupled.  The aircraft does crazy things at low altitude!
This is probably on another bug which should be corrected, at the same time.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I thought it was just me....I have yet to land this mission. You literally can't see the boat until you are right on top of it...I have crashed into the boat so many times on this mission that I have just given up and don't even try it anymore.