9M114 Shturm dual rack weight

Lascar12F
Go to solution Solved by PilotMi8,

Hi,

I believe this issue has been raised before, but I think this deserves another post.

The weight of a loaded dual rack of 9M114 missile is 230kg exactly in game.

The game itself lists the weight of a single 9m114 missile as 40kg. This doesn't seem too wrong as most online sources list between 31 and 32 kg

The weight of an empty rack is 13 kg in game. This seems plausible as it is a relatively small and beefy metal frame.

So adding 2x40+13 we get 93kg. Obviously that doesn't take into account the tube in which the missile is housed.

There is a 137 kg difference here. So either the tube in which the missile is housed weights 68.5 kg empty, or there is a problem with the weight of the twin rack with 9m114.

I believe ED got this info from the manual for the export Mi-35P that is freely available online and very very close to our Mi-24P. Doing a bit of math from the manual's max fuel per loadout you get an individual masse for each loaded twin launchers of 241kg. see attached picture for detailed math.

Personally I highly doubt that this weight is correct. I do no know how to explain how heavy the manual thinks these are, but I believe it might be taking additional equipment into consideration.

I would love a source on the actual weight of the loaded twin rack by itself and not as a larger fuel calculation for the hind. I don't buy that the weight of the launch tubes is 137 kg. It just doesn't make sense.

If ED uses a different source than the one I've assumed, I'd love for them to share it.

Here is a video of two men handling empty launch tubes on a 9P149 tracked atgm carrier. I don't think those weigh 68 kg and they are tossing them around like nothing.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Lascar12F
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rafale is the best fighter in the world fight me

It would be nice to ditch those 68kg depleted uranium tubes and fit some 10kg aluminium ones 😁. A few more kilos fuel would be really nice.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Translators
3 hours ago, VampireNZ said:

It would be nice to ditch those 68kg depleted uranium tubes and fit some 10kg aluminium ones 😁. A few more kilos fuel would be really nice.

100% in loadout screen doesn't mean MTOW in the sense it is understood in western world I believe. Russian limits are for engines preservation and certain maneuverability you can takeoff and operate with 110% with no problem, you have new engine when you spawn.

AKA LazzySeal

• ED Team
  • Solution
12 часов назад, Lascar12F сказал:

Hi,

I believe this issue has been raised before, but I think this deserves another post.

The weight of a loaded dual rack of 9M114 missile is 230kg exactly in game._

many thnx for your attention!)
we really have a mistake, there should be a weight of 105kg (2 * ATGM in launch tube + dual rack)

• Like 2

• BIGNEWY locked and unlocked this topic