Anderson AFB parking types, areas, and zones.

G.J.S

The singular useful arm/dearm area seems so weird to me. SOP with ordnance is to depart 06L/R, but I would still expect at least two arm/dearm areas given two runways. Jets parked on the north end have to taxi all the way around through Hotel and Bravo to get there. The other arm/dearm area doesn't seem useful at all, being well away from any taxi routes on an armed launch or recovery.

Edited by Nealius

On 7/18/2021 at 5:44 PM, Nealius said:

The singular useful arm/dearm area seems so weird to me. SOP with ordnance is to depart 06L/R, but I would still expect at least two arm/dearm areas given two runways. Jets parked on the north end have to taxi all the way around through Hotel and Bravo to get there. The other arm/dearm area doesn't seem useful at all, being well away from any taxi routes on an armed launch or recovery.

If you don't mind, where can I find that SOP? I am puzzled as well about this airfield. I used to work at Misawa and the EOR area made sense. I have failed to find the arm/de-arm EOR area here. 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

1 hour ago, Jackjack171 said:

If you don't mind, where can I find that SOP? I am puzzled as well about this airfield. I used to work at Misawa and the EOR area made sense. I have failed to find the arm/de-arm EOR area here. 

In the 36WGI13-204:

"4.3.4. There are no departure restrictions for practice ordnance, hot guns, or internally carried inert/live ordnance when the bomb bay doors are closed, or for captive-carry ordnance that cannot be jettisoned from the aircraft (either by combat or emergency jettison). Aircraft carrying heavyweight inert (≥500 lbs) ordnance, live external ordnance, or forward firing ordnance (FFO), must depart Runway 06R/L."

I do not see the issue Nealius mentions though. The arm/dearm areas seem reasonably placed near the runway ends.

Edited by Recoil16

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

4 hours ago, Recoil16 said:

I do not see the issue Nealius mentions though. The arm/dearm areas seem reasonably placed near the runway ends.

The only arm/dearm area on a runway end is 06R. In comparison, Nellis has arm/dearm areas for all four runways. Perhaps all Andersen departures with ordnance are done on 06R, all arrivals done on 24R, with the arrivals taxiing back around to dearm at 06R....but then that gets messy getting the aircraft back to the north ramp without sending them the scenic route. Is there any documentation on what aircraft types are parked where? 

6 hours ago, Nealius said:

The only arm/dearm area on a runway end is 06R.

I disagree with that premise. The second arm/dearm area is right on South Ramp 7 next to 24L.

6 hours ago, Nealius said:

Is there any documentation on what aircraft types are parked where? 

I know the helicopters from HSC-25 are on North Ramp 1. Some other clues as to where bombers, tankers and AMC folks park can be taken from section 1.10 in the 36WGI13-204.

It probably stands to reason that the aircraft shelters on South Ramp 1 near 06R are the place to park fighter sized aircraft.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Join the TTI Discord

4 hours ago, Recoil16 said:

I disagree with that premise. The second arm/dearm area is right on South Ramp 7 next to 24L.

While it exists, it looks unusable in practicality. They appear to be parking spots used as arm/dearm areas against their original purpose, with no way to taxi through them like the one at 06R, which is a dedicated arm/dearm area purposely designed so. They would have to tow the jets 180° to get them out after they taxied in, judging by how the same space looks in DCS.

Edited by Nealius

12 minutes ago, Nealius said:

While it exists, it looks unusable in practicality. They appear to be parking spots used as arm/dearm areas against their original purpose, with no way to taxi through them like the one at 06R, which is a dedicated arm/dearm area purposely designed so. They would have to tow the jets 180° to get them out after they taxied in, judging by how the same space looks in DCS.

I fail to see the issue. It seems to me that everything would work just like it would IRL.

south-7-arm-dearm.PNG

Screen_210725_162101.png

Join the TTI Discord

2 hours ago, Recoil16 said:

I fail to see the issue. It seems to me that everything would work just like it would IRL.

south-7-arm-dearm.PNG

Screen_210725_162101.png

I see! It looks very different from Nellis and from Misawa. To me it looked like one big area for Heavies. 

Thank you for this and the clarification!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!