trim indicator moving through full range of travel with no measurable change to flight characteristics.

FlyingTaco21

basically what it says. I can sit all day moving my trim settings around but there isnt any change in behavior. the inputs that I am making are displayed by the pitch indicator etc... but nothing actually seems to get sent to the control surfaces themselves. Same thing is happening with aileron trim. no roll behavior at all when I provide trim input there. Yes I know there is a long travel time for the trim settings in the F5 vs other aircraft. Did a search and eliminated that and force feedback as a culprit. I am using a VKB nxt stick and ive never had an issue until the F5. 

11 hours ago, Miles Vorkosigan said:

Mine is doing the same, using a Warthog stick. I can see the hat switch move, see the trim indicators moving but no response in the plane's attitude/behavior. 

Do you also find the TACAN does not work?

I'm uncertain. Never really messed with tacan in it yet. Pretty much brand new to the aircraft. I'll try it tonight and let you know. 

22 hours ago, Miles Vorkosigan said:

Mine is doing the same, using a Warthog stick. I can see the hat switch move, see the trim indicators moving but no response in the plane's attitude/behavior. 

Do you also find the TACAN does not work?

I noticed this in the navigation training mission, had me flying miles in the wrong direction.

I think the key is to watch the DME and if the distance doesn't change it's bugged, then switch the navigation source then back to TACAN again and it should start updating.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 4 months later...

This just happened to me. Three cold starts in a row the trim didn't affect the aircraft.

Found no config/bindings problems.

I tried spawning in an airborne slot, and the trim worked fine. Tried cold starting again, this time being meticulously careful that everything (generators and such) were started in the correct order.

Suddenly it worked. I'm not sure if it was the airspawn that made it work, or if I just made some weird startup error, three times in a row. But since it has never happened to me before, I'm leaning on the theory that it's a rare bug, and that airspawning one time fixes it. Not sure though.