Brazilian Navy

Hi guys!

Just made a Brazilian Navy mod in collaboration with Henrik Nielsen (Models Author). This mod includes the following ships:

• A-140 Atlântico Multipurpose Aircraft Carrier
  • G-40 Bahía Landing Platform Dock Ship
  • G-29 Garcia D'Avila Landing Ship
  • Niterói Class Frigate (And its variants)
  • Greenhalgh Class Patrol Frigate (And its variants)
  • Amazonas Class Patrol Ship (And its variants)
  • P-70 Macaé Class Patrol Ship
  • P-40 Grajaú Class Patrol Ship

Click here to download the latest version: Releases · ygorma/DCS-Brazilian-Navy (github.com)

Checkout the README for installation instructions and the upcoming ships and fixes.

There are still many bugs but I will try to fix them during weekends 😅

If you wish to use the 3d models of this Mod in other projects, please contact Henrik Nielsen (KL791) at AVSIM in the link bellow:

https://www.avsim.com/profile/316294-kl791/

capa

Edited by Jack Bauer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Wow Jack, really beautiful models - thanks very much to you & Hendrik for sharing, much appreciated 😀👍

Crazyeddie, would be great if you could add livery options & flags to convert to assets for the Falklands scenarios, if Jack/Hendrik, don't mind?

Doing the UK liveries would be easy enough, the LSL is version 2 of the Sir Galahad, the one built after the war, not absolutely correct but close enough for me.  One texture issue I do see is what happens if you dont round off some of the textures plates, where one plate meets another. - see the image. We had this problem with some of the WW2 ships and Hawkeye found a way to correct it, you could ask him how he fixed that. Its present on all of the models. Otherwise, I love it. 

Screen_210717_161413.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacobs said:

#ForaBolsonaroGenocida!

this is not the place for political bullshit, why post this type of thing? 😷

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Doing the UK liveries would be easy enough, the LSL is version 2 of the Sir Galahad, the one built after the war, not absolutely correct but close enough for me.  One texture issue I do see is what happens if you dont round off some of the textures plates, where one plate meets another. - see the image. We had this problem with some of the WW2 ships and Hawkeye found a way to correct it, you could ask him how he fixed that. Its present on all of the models. Otherwise, I love it. 

Screen_210717_161413.png

I will fix that ASAP.

Remember that Atlântico does not have the CIWS system, but if you wish to do so, contact the model author to use the models within the HMS Ocean mod. You can find him here: https://www.avsim.com/profile/316294-kl791/

If you wait a little, soon I will add working guns, animations and more.

Edited by Jack Bauer

On 7/17/2021 at 5:55 PM, Callsign said:

@Callsign is right, I used the seaking mod which uses the old model that used to be in the game, the downside of using this mod is not to scale & there are not a lot of liveries for it. I also use a French helicopter mod to build up the São Paulo air wing, but their Brazilian navy liveries for them.

136796.jpg

Edited by navyBtown

@Jack Bauer
Great job guys. The Garcia D'Avila fills a hole much needed in the game.

Are the British skins for HMS Ocean & Sir Galahad included in the download?

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

@navyBrown I just dropped the 2 folders (Atlantico & Garcia) into my main DCS directory, under liveries.

So DCSWorld/Bazaar/Liveries.

I suppose you can also drop directly into the mod folder under Users. So Mods/Tech/Brazil Navy/Liveries

If you have a mod loader (I use JSGME), remember to unload & re-load again to re-activate.

Should then be able to select under PAINT SCHEME in the Mission Editor.

Hope that helps 

Hi Jack,

I have a problem with the Atlantico.

Everything works fine with AI helicopters, but if I put a player helicopter on the deck, it goes through the boat and sinks (Gazelle, Tiger and even AV-8B)

Anyone have the same problem?

Marroux

On 7/17/2021 at 8:36 AM, crazyeddie said:

Screen_210717_161413.png

Yes this is unfortunate when modelers don’t smooth the polygons in 3ds Max.  

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 7:42 AM, Marroux said:

Hi Jack,

I have a problem with the Atlantico.

Everything works fine with AI helicopters, but if I put a player helicopter on the deck, it goes through the boat and sinks (Gazelle, Tiger and even AV-8B)

Marroux

Hi,