Brazilian Navy

On 8/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, Woogey said:

Yes this is unfortunate when modelers don’t smooth the polygons in 3ds Max.  

If you look closer to the ship you will see that this part is still really similar to the real ship. Perhaps, DCS luminance / shadow simulation makes it look strange..

Porta Helicópteros Multipropósito Atlântico pode ser visitado em Rio Grande  - Portal do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul

Jack.

That issue is present on all of this Mods ships, look at the stern of the Garcia model, its particularly bad there.  I have been around Modding for many years and what Woogey said is correct, its a 3dmax smoothing issue, Hawkeye and myself had problems with this when we first started doing WW2 ships and once he realised what was wrong he fixed it in 3dmax.  I expect DCS shadows etc dont help but whoever converted the ships didnt smooth them in 3dmax.  I dont have 3dmax myself so dont know the full implications for the guys doing the conversion, but thats what is needed. 

That said these are great ships to have in the game and great credit to you guys, with a little refinement they will be perfect. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 10:59 PM, Vuadem said:

the ship doesnt have a collision model ?

Please, read the Know Issues section of the Readme file

Those are ready, but I'm still optimizing until the next release.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:12 AM, crazyeddie said:

Jack.

That issue is present on all of this Mods ships, look at the stern of the Garcia model, its particularly bad there.  I have been around Modding for many years and what Woogey said is correct, its a 3dmax smoothing issue, Hawkeye and myself had problems with this when we first started doing WW2 ships and once he realised what was wrong he fixed it in 3dmax.  I expect DCS shadows etc dont help but whoever converted the ships didnt smooth them in 3dmax.  I dont have 3dmax myself so dont know the full implications for the guys doing the conversion, but thats what is needed. 

That said these are great ships to have in the game and great credit to you guys, with a little refinement they will be perfect. 

I have full access to the .max files. I will see what I can do until the 1.0 release.

Remember, project still an alpha version. 

Edited by Jack Bauer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, rupertgauk said:

Hi! Ships dont show in latest patch, any help?

They show on my latest OpenBeta:

LOWfNhz.jpg

Maybe you have the Historic Filter enabled on your Mission Editor?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

In another ship mod topic, Navy equipment mod is referred about version 2.7.7 trouble.

isn't it ?

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

On 11/1/2021 at 1:09 PM, Tuniorez said:

They will be landable in near future? Congradulations for the work. 

I've been busy for the last months, next weekend I promisse I'll finish the collision models which will make them landable and damageble. 3 are already finished.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, western_JPN said:

In another ship mod topic, Navy equipment mod is referred about version 2.7.7 trouble.

isn't it ?

Here it's all fine!

• Thanks 1

New release is out. Please, checkout the first post.

• Added collision models to all ships (Makes them landable and destroyable);
  • Added working Vickers Mk 8 to Niterói Class Frigate;
  • Added all variants to Niterói Class, Greenhalgh Class and Amazonas Class ships;
  • Updated ships life points to match reality;
  • Garcia de A'vila's deck now has no cargo.

Edited by Jack Bauer
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

Very cool and thank you.

I just saw this topic and thought I'd share this.

It's the Clemenceau Mod from Cuesta Brothers Team and the A-4E-C Mod.

I'm working on a naval aviation update to allow all the great naval mods out there to work together and updating the take off/landing for the maximum number of AI aircraft possible for each carrier .

I'm in final testing of version 1 for the French Carriers.

Can't wait to check out your mod🙂

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 1

@Beldinreally appreciate you taking the effort.. especially looking out for the CDG aircraft carrier to have good AI + player carrier ops.

Regarding this mod.. its a really good and diverse pack but I guess certain vessels don't have a Landable deck probably because of the lack of a damage model or shell. In some vessels AI helicopters operate well but when you operate as player the helicopter falls through the deck. Hope you might be able to figure out some solution 

Thanks Arrow 11. that information is very helpful.

Here's a rough idea of what I have currently working (sort of, lol).

CDG-16 take off/16 landing/parking

CLM-20 take off/12 ish landing/parking

Rafale, E-2, C-2 Greyhound and F-18C-G(stock/Superbug), and F-35C can operate from both US and French carrier with only minor issues as they do in real life. (except F-35C)

QE2 STOVL-24 F-35B STVOL take off plus 8 helos or 8 F-35B VTOL. No vertical landing but.... lua had arresting wire so to my surprise an F/A-18 landed! Not realistic but means there hope?

L-61 Jaun Carlos 12 Harrier STOVL take off. No landing.

LHA-6 America 12 F-35B STOVL with 8 helos or 8 35B STVOL. No landing yet

HMS Hermes had working but I broke something, lol

Added 4 more take off spots to CV-59

It’s sad that @Jack Bauer hasn’t been around in almost a year, as his Mod had a lot of promise, particularly now that we have t he South Atlantic Map. 😞

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 5 months later...

New release is out!

Releases · ygorma/DCS-Brazilian-Navy (github.com)

• Added working Exocet Missile, Aspide (x8 AA) Missiles and Bofors 40mm cannon (AA) to the Niterói Class ship;
  • Added SH-60B livery;
  • Reworked routes, runways and parkings of NAM Atlântico;
  • Fixed Garcia d'Ávila's helideck height for AI traffic.

Sorry guys, I've been flying too much.

Edited by Jack Bauer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7