Displays disappear

mongo52
Go to solution Solved by Rongor,

Load up an instant action ready takeoff mission and before I click on the fly button I can see both ddis. As soon as I click on fly the hud, ddis, and mpcd blank and nothing I do brings them back. I am on the latest beta. Only mods I run are Helios, Vaicom Pro, and tacview. Tried repair nothing changes. If I do a cold start displays never show up.

Edit: only happens for F18. A10C2 has no problems.

Edited by mongo52

• Solution

There might be some controls binding for your F/A-18 of your HOTAS setup addressing the generator states. If you have "synchronize HOTAS with in game controls" set to on in the settings (which I generally would recommend), you might have some switches on your hardware saying "generators off", which then shuts down your displays (and more). Because your controls binding for your A-10C is without issue, it doesn't show any problem there.

Might be a wild guess but would explain the situation perfectly.

• Thanks 1

I've never had a problem with "sync on startup" option until a recent update and now it seems to mess with things (like setting throttle instantly to A/B on on hotstart 😕).  Turning it off is probably a good trouble shooting step with any initial starting issues currently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob10 said:

I've never had a problem with "sync on startup" option until a recent update and now it seems to mess with things (like setting throttle instantly to A/B on on hotstart 😕).  Turning it off is probably a good trouble shooting step with any initial starting issues currently.

Then you got me wrong. The problem wasn't the rather helpful sync option but an unidentified control binding issue. The sync function is doing just fine.

You will of course have to manage a reasonable binding setup and keeping awareness over your controls is just mandatory. Disregarding this may cause issues. The sync function doesn't, neither currently nor else.

Edited by Rongor
typos, as always

• Wags locked this topic