Artillery Effectivness

DTS_Maton

i recently had a pair of M109 shoot at  2 targets , they unload their entire supply but the SA unit kept full live bars.

now apart form artillery pieces M109 , MLRS standard overshooting by 500 to 700 meters which i try to compensate 

is the damage model in DCS not up to snuff!?

https://www.quora.com/Is-a-conventional-shell-155mm-effective-against-a-tank-if-it-explodes-next-to-it-or-hits-it

DCS_artillery.png

• 1 month later...

Normal artillery on first firing the one gun that is the base piece fires one long then one short for what's calculated for the given coordinate. Then one for center. If the center one is close enough and more are needed it's maybe 3 rounds or so depending on the threat or suppression needed with however many guns are wanted. You could try something like that as your adjust fire then let loose with the flying steel show. 

I don't know if the game plays the winds aloft into flights but that might be part of your problem which could bee solved by the above procedures. Artillery batallions have a meteorological unit for weather/winds in the HQ or Service group. Maybe the game plays you need a group like that instead of a bunch of guns out firing without even a sliderule for powder charges used.

yes but since you can,t put in weather data this gets very tricky 

if in multiplayer you don,t how much your rounds are drifting you can,t compensate 

you can only order them to fire on coordinates , so they should do so 

or indeed compensate for wind but these inputs  are not modeled 

i was in the service myself very often on the firing range accuracy was much better than is modeled at the moment 

hey i understand very busy with other projects but plz a bit more accuracy

i was shooting at an T90 at 500mtrs from cover head on with a AP or sabot round hit 4 times not a scratch 

had to use a HE round 

if on the other hand an AI T90 is shooting at your M1 at 2000 mtrs he will destroy your day

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Artillery damage unless it just explodes on the target seems totally harmless.

Screen_220119_202538.png

Screen_220119_201931.pngsame here

• Like 3

I5 8600K  - MSI 3070 - 32Gb DDR4  - 1 TB NVME - 1TB SSD - :joystick: TM Warthog

FC3 - Mirage - Hawk (RIP) - F5E - L39 - F14B -A4E C- UH1H - AV8BNA - F16C - FA-18C - Ka50- Apache-A10CII - MB339

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.