Weapons delivery priority for release

I'm seeing many small cosmetic items on the release schedule, but there are many long-standing bugs in the Viggen weapons delivery methods.

1.) DYK pull-up cue is wrong in ANF

2.) Wind not factored in for RB04 release cue on CI

3.) Wind not factored in for RR/ANF release cue on CI

4.) Placeable objects and most native map objects invisible to radar

Since dive bombing and wind-corrected release of RB04's are common things to do in a Viggen (DYK bombing probably by far the most frequently used), I would think these would need to be a priority. Being able to place a large structure as a landmark for a nav update would be a useful tool for a mission maker, particularly scenarios with a long over-water or over-desert component to their navigation.

Indeed, one of the main campaign mission tasks you with shooting RB04's on a very windy day in a pretty nasty cross-wind from the launch point. I'm sure that's not a coincidence.

Seeing as there is no mention of these things, I don't have an expectation that they'll ever be fixed. Is this a correct assertion?

• Like 4

Regarding your last paragraph, they may be fixed but you need to have a patience of gold spanning over multiple years.

Unfortunately updates and bug fixes seems to happen in very infrequent surges followed by long periods of silence. And even when they allegedly are "fixed" it's no guarantee that they make it into the game after all.

"Sad but true" to quote a famous song. ☹️

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

It's pretty apparent at this point that the Viggen is every practical sense a hobbyist project. I'm almost certain nobody has worked full time on it in a very long time now. It was always sort of an enthusiast thing developed by people who had other jobs on the side, and it's extremely impressive that it even got released, and even more so that it's actually in a pretty good shape. Still, it's very apparent that updates happen only when some enthusiast goes above and beyond to work on it, and then there's apparently no real release management/product life cycle management for it because entire updates have gone missing without anyone noticing it on Heatblur's end, more than once.

In other words, I think there's certainly someone at Heatblur (or multiple someones) who really does care and who wants these things to be fixed, and as such it's wrong to say that these issues will never be fixed. On the other hand, there's clearly no real production software product life cycle going on here, and who knows when someone might find the time to work on it.

Last time I brought this point up I got a thoughtful and polite response from IronMike, which I really appreciated, and where he basically said that I was wrong to call it an enthusiast driven project. He obviously knows how things work internally at Heatblur and I don't, so I can't really argue against that on a technical level, but as a bystander I must say I have a really hard time seeing how I'm wrong in any practical way. He made that post almost two years ago, and while there have been a number of bugfixes since then, what's actually been delivered in that time is more consistent with one guy working maybe an hour or two a day than anything else.

Edited by renhanxue
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, LastRifleRound said:

And invisible to RB75s.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

21 hours ago, LastRifleRound said:

I'm seeing many small cosmetic items on the release schedule, but there are many long-standing bugs in the Viggen weapons delivery methods.

1.) DYK pull-up cue is wrong in ANF

2.) Wind not factored in for RB04 release cue on CI

3.) Wind not factored in for RR/ANF release cue on CI

Since dive bombing and wind-corrected release of RB04's are common things to do in a Viggen (DYK bombing probably by far the most frequently used), I would think these would need to be a priority. Being able to place a large structure as a landmark for a nav update would be a useful tool for a mission maker, particularly scenarios with a long over-water or over-desert component to their navigation.

Indeed, one of the main campaign mission tasks you with shooting RB04's on a very windy day in a pretty nasty cross-wind from the launch point. I'm sure that's not a coincidence.

Seeing as there is no mention of these things, I don't have an expectation that they'll ever be fixed. Is this a correct assertion?

+1000

• Thanks 1