Jump to content

What the deal?


PLOP
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, PLOP said:

Is the Kiowa still happening, haven't been paying attention to it so i might have missed something. I hadn't heard anything for months.

TLDR: Yes it is still happening, just not as open in the public as before. They will share updates whenever they are ready to do so. See similar topics: 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might have missed something because you didnt read the posts related to your question,,, they will likely shut this one down for the same reason.

  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Virpil HOTAS

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with you PloP, It has gone quiet.

But I do look forward to it and allow Polychops .all the time they need to get it right.

It is just the right airframe at the right time when the Apache comes out.

Gonna be a sweet US of A pairing.

  • Like 2

My gaming system is pure DCS. Nothing but DCS, every bit of software that does not belong there is not there.... I hope!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate. Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo.

Vaicom user. Thrustmeter warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Insert theme for Jaws here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Virpil HOTAS

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 3:33 AM, Bedouin said:

Maybe its gone quiet for the same reason as TrueGrits Eurofighter 😋

 

 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Polychop is waiting for ED to make the Apache available for pre-order before they release the Kiowa. My reasoning is that Kiowa without the Apache is like an Apache pilot without a gunner, it just doesn't work very well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Polychop is waiting for ED to make the Apache available for pre-order before they release the Kiowa. My reasoning is that Kiowa without the Apache is like an Apache pilot without a gunner, it just doesn't work very well.

 

Pointless speculation. This is the third topic about this and the others two got closed so guess what will happen. Whenever they are ready to share updates, you'll read about it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ArjenHVA said:

 

Pointless speculation. This is the third topic about this and the others two got closed so guess what will happen. Whenever they are ready to share updates, you'll read about it. 

 

Not really. I mean, we know that the interior and exterior model are ready to go, and they're making sure that the flight model is perfect, which is why they can't show us anything new since... well... what can they really show at that point? The reason I make this theory though is, again, because having both helicopters become available around the same time would make the most sense as the two complement each other in the real world. And it would be a very hard sell for them by offering it up before the Apache is ready to become available. Obviously a simultaneous release isn't a good idea, since the Apache will steal the show, but, releasing it at, or around the same time as the AH64 becomes available for pre-order should allow it to sell very well. I'd be willing to bet that when the Apache trailer finally drops, we'll see the Kiowa in all its glory as well with ED going "Preorder the Apache, and, go buy Kiowa!"... the sales will be off the charts if they can pull that off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They released a new picture recently. Which is exciting that we know the project may not be completely dead! 

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While it's pure speculation, but I doubt that the AH-64 is the reason for the delay. It's my understanding that the majority of DCS users are off-line  single players only - so there would be no advantage in having the Apache released at the same time.

 

Additionally - there may be a number of people that can only budget for one or the other and not both. As such - getting the module out earlier would be an advantage in this instance.

 

Take the Hind for instance. I'm one of the users that purchased it to use.... while I wait for the one I really want. Once the Apache is out - it will be questionable how much I fly the hind. Had the Apache been released before the Hind - there's a good chance that I may never have purchased the Hind (or otherwise waited for a 'sale'). 

 

I was very keen about the Kiowa last Nov/Dec. I am still 'interested' but less keen. If it was released now - I'd probably purchase it, but definitely not straight away anymore. I have the Hind now I'm playing with. I'm definitely less keen now than I was in Nov/Dec '20. Come this Nov/Dec '21 - if I get the Apache and am loving it - there's a good chance that I will leave the Kiowa while I focus learning the Apache only (as I prefer to learn one module at a time) - and I expect that the Apache will have a lot to learn.

 

I'm only one person and I know everyone's situation is different so I could be wrong but in some scenario's there may be benefit for the two released at similar times, however it's my thought that releasing at the same time would have more disadvantages than advantages. As a result I suspect that the delay is more unintentional than opportunistic.

 

Whatever the reason, PC has been extremely tight lipped about it - and IMO to their determent so I'd say that it's not something they really want to admit, or otherwise are at liberty to disclose.  I just really hope that it's not health related and that the developers are all doing OK and otherwise wish them the best - even if it's released later down the track and I don't end up being one of their customers.


Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My preference is close to Dangerzones: I'm waiting for the Apache and bought the Hind to have a new toy to play around. The Kiowa was on my top priority list but as it's delayed and the Hind was released combined with the lack of information on the status of the Kiowa (on my personal purchase list) it moved from "instant buy" to "let's wait for a sale and see if it'll be worth the money".

  • Like 2

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cayman41 said:

It's a race, whichever comes first, the Apache or the Kiowa will be a first day purchase for me... the other?  We'll see.

 

On my case, I'm happy learning the Hind, so I actually will skip more helos (at least for a while), because I prefer to save my scarce $$ for buying the Mosquito instead

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Oh no, I am not Getting the Hind either, but the mosquito is released (but to be fair I am on the fence with this one), and we have the F-1 and F-4U in the near horizon and then the MB 339 is looking astonishing, then maybe later on 2022 we have the A-7, F-8... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 6:44 AM, Dangerzone said:

While it's pure speculation, but I doubt that the AH-64 is the reason for the delay. It's my understanding that the majority of DCS users are off-line  single players only - so there would be no advantage in having the Apache released at the same time.

 

Additionally - there may be a number of people that can only budget for one or the other and not both. As such - getting the module out earlier would be an advantage in this instance.

 

Take the Hind for instance. I'm one of the users that purchased it to use.... while I wait for the one I really want. Once the Apache is out - it will be questionable how much I fly the hind. Had the Apache been released before the Hind - there's a good chance that I may never have purchased the Hind (or otherwise waited for a 'sale'). 

 

I was very keen about the Kiowa last Nov/Dec. I am still 'interested' but less keen. If it was released now - I'd probably purchase it, but definitely not straight away anymore. I have the Hind now I'm playing with. I'm definitely less keen now than I was in Nov/Dec '20. Come this Nov/Dec '21 - if I get the Apache and am loving it - there's a good chance that I will leave the Kiowa while I focus learning the Apache only (as I prefer to learn one module at a time) - and I expect that the Apache will have a lot to learn.

 

I'm only one person and I know everyone's situation is different so I could be wrong but in some scenario's there may be benefit for the two released at similar times, however it's my thought that releasing at the same time would have more disadvantages than advantages. As a result I suspect that the delay is more unintentional than opportunistic.

 

Whatever the reason, PC has been extremely tight lipped about it - and IMO to their determent so I'd say that it's not something they really want to admit, or otherwise are at liberty to disclose.  I just really hope that it's not health related and that the developers are all doing OK and otherwise wish them the best - even if it's released later down the track and I don't end up being one of their customers.

 

For me it is the weight of the chopper that makes all the difference.

I have a sneaky feeling the longbow is going to be a heavy old girl, just a bit slow in the turn, a lotta work to bring her to a hover in amongst the buildings before hunting a firing solution on those enemy vehicles that forced you into this situation. But I am going to love the firepower and technology.

 

The Kiowa will be lighter and quicker to respond to input. Sneaky mast mounted optics.... it will be a different experience.

 

 Both are a must for me.


Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 6

My gaming system is pure DCS. Nothing but DCS, every bit of software that does not belong there is not there.... I hope!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate. Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo.

Vaicom user. Thrustmeter warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 8:10 AM, Tank50us said:

 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Polychop is waiting for ED to make the Apache available for pre-order before they release the Kiowa. My reasoning is that Kiowa without the Apache is like an Apache pilot without a gunner, it just doesn't work very well.

 

I doubt that. Polchop still had some issues with modeling the MFDs and some other things.

  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

 

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

 

Tornado3 small.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 2:10 AM, Tank50us said:

 

I My reasoning is that Kiowa without the Apache is like an Apache pilot without a gunner, it just doesn't work very well.

There were a lot of grunts in Afghanistan and Iraq that would disagree with you.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, Rogue Trooper said:

For me it is the weight of the chopper that makes all the difference.

I have a sneaky feeling the longbow is going to be a heavy old girl, just a bit slow in the turn, a lotta work to bring her to a hover in amongst the buildings before hunting a firing solution on those enemy vehicles that forced you into this situation. But I am going to love the firepower and technology.

 

The Kiowa will be lighter and quicker to respond to input. Sneaky mast mounted optics.... it will be a different experience.

 

 Both are a must for me.

 

DItto

  • Like 1

----------------

AKA_Clutter

 

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...