Does F16C have the function of automatically switching the navigation point?

HappyVoo
Go to solution Solved by Frederf,

43 minutes ago, HappyVoo said:

Does F16C have the function of automatically switching the navigation point? I tried to change the STPT to AUTO but it seems useless.

It does, and it should work in manual and with autopilot. When in DED 4 (stpt), dobber right to change MAN to AUTO. Not sure what the change over logic is but as far as I can tell you have to overfly the steerpoint before it will switch to the next. 

If I may give you extra insight. Disable AUTO when fencing in, especially when employing LGB's. Switch over will happen in the last 5 seconds of lasing and will make you miss your target. 

Edited by Sinclair_76
  • Like 4

• Solution

When closure positive switches to closure negative inside 2nm polar distance from steerpoint and master mode is not AG and automatic steerpoint sequencing is enabled then the steerpoint will automatically sequence. Inhibiting sequencing in AG master mode prevents undesired changing during air to ground attacks.

To enable sequencing use the DCS control right to SEQ when on the DED STPT page. The function works but what is missing is the capital "A" after the steerpoint number on the CNI DED page showing the feature is enabled.

• Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Frederf said:

When closure positive switches to closure negative inside 2nm polar distance from steerpoint and master mode is not AG and automatic steerpoint sequencing is enabled then the steerpoint will automatically sequence. Inhibiting sequencing in AG master mode prevents undesired changing during air to ground attacks.

To enable sequencing use the DCS control right to SEQ when on the DED STPT page. The function works but what is missing is the capital "A" after the steerpoint number on the CNI DED page showing the feature is enabled.

Thanks for explaining the switch over logic. The inhibit in the AG mode would be a nice addition to DCS. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 1:17 AM, Frederf said:

I still cannot make it work, I go to Option 4 on the DED and then try to put SEQ and nothing happen. It remains in MAN mode instead of going to AUTO mode!!!

4 minutes ago, LNakagama said:

I still cannot make it work, I go to Option 4 on the DED and then try to put SEQ and nothing happen. It remains in MAN mode instead of going to AUTO mode!!!

Watch this video in its entirety.

• Like 2

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

use M-SEL(0) key to change it

Edited by snowsniper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

On 1/6/2022 at 6:30 PM, LNakagama said:

Simply select *MAN*, then press M-SEL/0 to toggle between AUTO and MAN.

The previous procedure by selecting SEQ while *STPT* was selected in the DED has been changed recently.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS
  • Like 3

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

On 1/9/2022 at 4:47 PM, AstonMartinDBS said:

Simply select *MAN*, then press M-SEL/0 to toggle between AUTO and MAN.

The previous procedure by selecting SEQ while *STPT* was selected in the DED has been changed recently.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:53 AM, snowsniper said:

use M-SEL(0) key to change it

On 1/6/2022 at 7:35 PM, Deano87 said:

Watch this video in its entirety.

Thanks a lot @AstonMartinDBS, @snowsniper and @Deano87

I didn't try yet, but I am sure that everything will work now!!!

• Like 1