Radio communication on buttons

petsild

Hi,

did anyone think of controlling the radio communication menu via joystick buttons?

The VKBDevCfg setting options look limitless.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Should be feasible using VKB Config and getting it to send function key commands.

Not sure though how you'd tackle all the changes to what the F keys do in the sub menus, as the menus change dynamically.

Easier to use Vaicom or at least set up custom commands in Voice Attack for the various modes, I believe Bailey's profiles do this for VA.

I think most folks prefer to use the hats on whatever throttle you're using, I certainly do

Yep I use Vaicom Pro with Voice Attack. Awesome program.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish they would allow us to map joystick inputs to the f1 -f12 radio commands. Just add binding options in the UI layer for 'radio response 1' through to radio response 12' sure it's another 12 bindings most people might ignore but anyone who has any form of button box could then have radio answering buttons. The Fkeys are the only thing I ever have to reach for the keyboard for!

Dunno if it's me but I tried the VKB Config to try to get the buttons to send F keys, but it didn't work for me.

If I want to use a keyboard command I use Voice Attack then get the relevant Dx button from the stick to trigger it.

As I already have Voice Attack running anyway for Vaicom then it's not using up any more resource