any good guides for A2G weapons (specifically 802AK/LS/GB)

sublime

For LS-6/GB-6:

1. Master Arm ON
  2. AG mode
  3. select LS-6 in the SMS page
  4. make sure ARM stops flashing
  5. check the alignment on the right screen under the HSD
  6. once alignment is complete select target, this can be done in one of two ways:
  • T(arget) O(f) O(pportunity) mode, to use this designate a Point of interest using one of your sensors, such as the TPOD, ensure that the LS-6 is in TOO mode and then release the weapon
  • P(re)-P(lanned) mode, to use this method click on TOO in the SMS page to select PP mode, press on CNTL to enter the sub page, and then enter the coordinates of the targets on the UFCP and release weapon
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

@sublimeIs the procedure in the guide wrong?

No sir I think its fine, it honestly just needs updating.  If you want I can actually itemize the list, but the Type 200 isnt on it, and theres a couple things that are sort of vague.

your guides are priceless for me though

20 hours ago, Kerbo 416 said:

For LS-6/GB-6:

1. Master Arm ON
  2. AG mode
  3. select LS-6 in the SMS page
  4. make sure ARM stops flashing
  5. check the alignment on the right screen under the HSD
  6. once alignment is complete select target, this can be done in one of two ways:
  • T(arget) O(f) O(pportunity) mode, to use this designate a Point of interest using one of your sensors, such as the TPOD, ensure that the LS-6 is in TOO mode and then release the weapon
  • P(re)-P(lanned) mode, to use this method click on TOO in the SMS page to select PP mode, press on CNTL to enter the sub page, and then enter the coordinates of the targets on the UFCP and release weapon

When using the LS6, whats the bar on the line between you and the SPI that moves as you get closer? its a range icon of course but I dont understand it?  EDIT - NVM found this ^

Type 200s - usage parameters?

Edited by sublime

for now all I can say for sure is the type 200 isnt included. Ill reedit this later

Edit--

Sorry busy busy lately.

So type 200 is missing.  

TA radar mode isn't described 

I also don't see explanation for how to use the DTOSS bombing method; the guide has ccip and ccrp iirc.  

Offset Aim Point - any explanation of how to use them would be appreciated thanks

Edited by sublime

I just wanna add that I only meant your guide isn't doing it for me as I perhaps needed another source to properly digest and retain the info. It wasn't 'throwing rocks' so to speak

Anyone else - can you help me understand OAPs;. Type 200 delivery envelope (can you use ccip?) 

In terrain avoidance radar mode I could use some help with what certain mfd buttons do (I can't seem to adjust the distances either and I don't see any scale to know the distances already used?)

What's WA radar mode?

On the navigation switch you have FAST/NAV/GC. what's GC?

Edited by sublime

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, sublime said:

for now all I can say for sure is the type 200 isnt included. Ill reedit this later

Edit--

Sorry busy busy lately.

So type 200 is missing.  

TA radar mode isn't described 

I also don't see explanation for how to use the DTOSS bombing method; the guide has ccip and ccrp iirc.  

Offset Aim Point - any explanation of how to use them would be appreciated thanks

What I've read is DTOSS is for you to aquire the target on the hud and then its CCRP from there.

Hmmm. What's the DTOSS mean then?

I've read more and I guess offset aimpoints are a way to target stuff that they see that's new with a guided weapon?  Like 'aim 1500 ft west of RP 1'?  Correct me if I'm wrong?

So any idea on how DTOSS works?  

And the patch recently said the 802AK isn't targeting right?  You heard about this at all?

WA seems to be weather avoidance but I'm fucked if I can figure anything else out.

TA there's some tutorials on but nowhere does anyone that I can tell say how far out is what I'm looking at in the radar? I can ballpark the distance but if I'd really had to fly blind I wouldn't trust it yet because I don't know enough..

Thanks for the reply

Edited by sublime

On 8/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, sublime said:

Hmmm. What's the DTOSS mean then?

I've read more and I guess offset aimpoints are a way to target stuff that they see that's new with a guided weapon?  Like 'aim 1500 ft west of RP 1'?  Correct me if I'm wrong?

So any idea on how DTOSS works?  

And the patch recently said the 802AK isn't targeting right?  You heard about this at all?

WA seems to be weather avoidance but I'm fucked if I can figure anything else out.

TA there's some tutorials on but nowhere does anyone that I can tell say how far out is what I'm looking at in the radar? I can ballpark the distance but if I'd really had to fly blind I wouldn't trust it yet because I don't know enough..

Thanks for the reply

DTOS is dive toss which is a separate delivery mode from CCIP or CCRP.

WA is indeed weather avoidance but capability does not exist in the DCS module.

In TA you can see the radar scale along the side of the MFD just like any other radar mode.