Campaign Review

Hi Reflected!

Well guy! What can I say but : "WAOOOOOH!"

Spoiler

What a great campaign... Of course, I loose. LOL. Last mission, I ejected and was surprised how it ended. Great! Maybe I will restart this mission to see an alternative end.

Missions were sometimes hard and I had to restart them 2 or 3 times. But they worked perfectly.

I just LOVED German voices. For me not a problem to understand so, you can imagine, how imersive it is (English voices with German accent work well too 🙂) .

Thanks for all efforts you had to create such a great campaign.

Cheers

Daniel

Edited by dggoofy
correct some infos
  • Thanks 1

Hey Daniel,

I'm happy you enjoyed it, thanks for the feedback!

Spoiler

Mission 10 works as intended, see my reply in your other thread.

Spoiler

The ending is supposed to be like that. There's no way to win the war, and  I wanted to make the player feel like getting captured is a relief, the best chance to survive the last year of the war, so you're supposed to bail out or crashland 😉

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Horrido is a blast! THANK YOU, Reflected!
Normally I play only one campaign mission per week, but yesterday I went nuts and flew Horrido missions from 6 or 7 to 11 in a row, all day long until it got late and I had to go to sleep. I didn't plan it, I just couldn't stop flying 🙂

I love the general ambience of your campaigns - the harsh, crude, chaotic reality of war on one hand, but also the countless little additions you throw in. I'm really surprised myself how much difference it makes. All the stuff, barrels, vehicles, what-nots scattered across the airfield, so that the place feels alive and I, in turn, feel I'm only a tiny cog in a big war machine. Those soldiers wandering around, a busy truck rushing somewhere, other planes taxiing, taking off, other groups in the air doing their own job, the voiceovers, the music, the news broadcasts over the radio, the way the briefings were delivered (thought the guy speaking was reaaally loud), the map displayed during the briefings or... a vintage phone - what a nice touch!

Champagne and shrimps were great. I was so angry with the Ponies (no major spoilers here), took down 2, let them burn in hell! It's bad to get drunk at war, now I know.
I still can't think clearly about what was going on in the campaign, it felt like a roller-coaster ride, the head spinning, the eyes rolling, the hair a total mess, and you just desperately trying to stay alive along the way. Gott im Himmel, as I believe contemporary Germans would say it. I had to take a shower afterwards 😄

The other interesting thing about the Anton in particular is that if you were allowed to pick the plane you want to fly in WW2, this specific version of Anton wouldn't be your first choice. Nor a second choice, perhaps. You'd beg for something more competent in a dogfight (within the DCS realm: K-4, the Spit etc.), not Anton.
But thanks to this campaign I learnt to love the bird, it's become like a good pal in teen years. The kind of pal who doesn't get best grades at school, who may not come from the best family in the neighbourhood, but you like to hang around with and do most stupid things together. The Luftwaffe workhorse, indeed. I'm getting poetic, enough of that.
The point is... it may be easier to keep your head cool if you're flying "the king of the skies" type of a plane, but in our Anton you are scared. If you see Mustangs or Jugs, you are scared, they're doable one at a time if you're careful, but still dangerous and if you're absent-minded enough to fly into the wrong cube of air, i.e. a bad piece of a 3D furball structure, it will probably be your last mistake in life, especially in the Anton. If you see the Spits, you're not as much scared as... sh*tted all over and calling out Ma to take you home. Maybe that's why the campaign felt even more engrossing? I don't know, but whatever the reason, or - more likely - multiple reasons, it was really a blast.

I can't wait till ED let you release the campaign for the Mossie (it's about the skin template, IIRC). Fingers crossed. Fortunately "Beware! Beware!" is on its way, so we'll take the Spitty for another ride soon.

Thanks for all your great work! :thumbup:

• Thanks 2

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

Wow thanks so much for this review it really warms my heart to read such feedback. 

tha Anton is so challenging to fly against fighters especially the Spit - so I tried to make the campaign not so dogfight focused. I put a big emphasis on the wartime atmosphere, the desperate times for Luftwaffe flyers where the best they could hope for was survival. I’m happy it came through 🙂

thanks so much for your support once again. Beware Beware will be 110% historical, but the Mossie campaign will be a bit like Horrido. A fictional story driven campaign made of historically accurate missions. Just release that template please, ED! 🙂