Carburetor air control at hot start?

Silent Film

It is bug, cockpit handles are disconnected from actual controls, only way w/o modifying game files, to make it work is to assign cold air control to axis.

Right now if you don't do that you are flying your P-51 at filter in setting so no ram air available for the plane. It slows plane down due to increased drag and it cut performance at high alt by a lot. Moving levers by mouse do nothing.

ED is still investigating so no quick fix coming soon i guess. 

Edited by grafspee
  • Thanks 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

On 7/20/2021 at 6:09 PM, grafspee said:

It is bug, cockpit handles are disconnected from actual controls, only way w/o modifying game files, to make it work is to assign cold air control to axis.

Right now if you don't do that you are flying your P-51 at filter in setting so no ram air available for the plane. It slows plane down due to increased drag and it cut performance at high alt by a lot. Moving levers by mouse do nothing.

ED is still investigating so no quick fix coming soon i guess. 

Ah, ok, thanks. I was moving them forward with mouse every time, but obviously with no effect.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:33 AM, Snapage said:

You can bind them to an axis and with a modifier button so you don't have to unbind anything as a temporary fix.

I have assigned them to two joystick buttons that I didn't use, and now it seems that they work.

• 1 month later...

This bug has been around since 2.7 you would think ED would get off their lazy arses and actually fix their existing crap before moving on to the next "Never gunna finish" early access POS module.

But here we are with same crap broken and ED has managed to push out the Mi-24, Mosquito, and peddle the AH64. I've dumped over 400 bucks into this game I'm not spending a dollar more until they fix their crap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...