I want to find the (.lua)? files with which you can edit cockpit/avionics/etc. parameters

I'm using a utility that monitors in background files that change in predesignated directories, which I presume to be exclusively .lua files......(?). After some flights and various changes I made to weapons, etc., no .lua files appeared to be generated nor modified under the World OpenBeta directory and its subs.

I imagine there could be others of the .ini or .cfg types; I removed the *.lua inclusion pattern, but still no hits when making changes in, for example, mission editor.

I am curious if there exists any documentation like an .lua list and their typical locations?

thanks in advance, I hope this isn't a tired old question.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb salsantana:

I'm using a utility that monitors in background files that change in predesignated directories, which I presume to be exclusively .lua files......(?). After some flights and various changes I made to weapons, etc., no .lua files appeared to be generated nor modified under the World OpenBeta directory and its subs.

I imagine there could be others of the .ini or .cfg types; I removed the *.lua inclusion pattern, but still no hits when making changes in, for example, mission editor.

I am curious if there exists any documentation like an .lua list and their typical locations?

thanks in advance, I hope this isn't a tired old question.

Most of the data, defining units and objects is in the "Bazar" folder.

I do not recommend to edit stuff here, as it may break stuff, prevent you from passing integrity checks and is usually overwritten/fixed with every update.

Stuff from the Mission Editor (basically all your mission relevant stuff) goes into the MIZ file, which is basically a ZIP-archive.

There are some settings and parameters that are stored in the User/Saved Games/DCS */config folder, example your Joystick settings, game settings etc.

Module specific stuff is usually somewhere in the respective "Mods/Aircraft/NAME" folder. Again the last one, if inside the Game folder structure is not recommended to edit.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 months later...

shagrat and yuron thank you for the info, I need to set up my options for alerting me to responses. all helpful and appreciated.

interesting about the .miz files being zip-like. 7-zip just decompressed one for me for a look inside. appreciate as well the cautions on other file types.

For the A-10, there's an option in the mission editor under the "FLY" heading, called "PREPARE MISSION". This allows you to set up things like waypoints, CDU settings, radio presets, etc.

All of that gets added the the .miz file.

Generally, I set up a hot-start aircraft to prepare the mission in, then change it back to cold start.

You can edit those files directly once generated, and even copy them between missions. There was I time I was making more comically weapons profiles to save things like ripple quantities and distances, so I set up a mission that was just a Hot start A-10 with the same loadout as the mission we were going to fly, and copying the Lua files over. You can also edit those files directly if you'd like to.

If we set the wayback machine to somewhere around 2015 I made an excel sheet to make radio preset files with a drop-down menu.

Also of note it that 7-zip can open and edit .miz files directly, no need to unzip them first. 

Edit

I dug up a link to that thread.

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 1