will the map be extended in further updates?

twistking

when testing the map in decembre, i found it to be a bit too small. one could argue that the detailed area is "good enough" for the slower prop planes and offers enough mission variety, however since the detail ends so abruptly at the edges, the effective mission area where you don't run the danger of seeing the "edge" of the map is even a bit smaller.

are there still plan to extend the map a bit? it don't expect custom landmark buildings or more airfields for the extended areas, but there should be detailed topography (maybe that's already the case), road network, forests, rivers and at least some cities to allow VFR navigation for those that wandered of course.

thanks.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Please please please! This could mean including the greatest city in the whole of the UK, Brighton & Hove! Where there is at least one pub on every corner and the house prices are so ridiculously high most Brightonians now live in Worthing! Oh and Worthing too please as that’s where I live now.

• 2 weeks later...

Having had a few goes on it now I think A) it looks fantastic (though some colours seem a bit off) B) it’s really quite small.

I do chuckle to myself about it compared to other maps. In most of these you have multiple countries (though usually only one whole country.) With this map you basically get Kent with a side helping of East Sussex! A county and a half! Hehe 😉

It’s still great though. Just wish performance down low was a bit better as that’s where I’ll be most of the time once I get my paws on the mossie.

Quick edit. Would love to see it extended to Tangmere but that seems very unlikely considering the Normandy map exists (though southern England on that map apparently has a population on 35)

Edited by Digitalvole

• 2 weeks later...

It is a shame this map is not played at all in multiplayer (servers are 1 or 2 players appart from sometimes on weekend a private server with some more poeple). All is been played in Normandy that is worst in detail than the channel map.

I would like to know if ED would do something to invert this situation. I suppose the finish of the early access won't mean anything about that, and even an expansión maybe neither. Once people has bought a the Normandy map that has been cheaper for some time and in similar location, I don't think people will change to the channel.

The only intelligent move I see here is that the map is offered free for multiplayer as IL2 does, so if you want to play it offline you have to buy it, or make the map fully free, but make an payware expansion that would be free for the people that already bought the map. But of course, I don't see ED spending more resources in this lost battle against Normandy map. A shame.

Another idea is to ED make a low level playability that the Normandy map cannot do because the worst low level detail. If that gameplay would be awesome, maybe people would jump the fence. Maybe the more realistic move to use it, is single player with the upcoming dynamic campaign.

Edited by Japo32

Exploring the map you can see they have set up some highly detailed small areas outside of the map so maybe they are planning in the future to expand it, I also noticed that in the case of England it has the shape of the Island more north and west until you get to an infinite terrain without shape so they have plenty of room there to add new locations. Time will tell 😄

Screen_210917_150553.jpg

Screen_210917_150604.jpg

Screen_210917_150827.jpg

Screen_210917_151306.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I now bought the map (during the sale) and while it seems to be a little bit expanded compared to the initial release, i still think that its small size is its biggest problem.
i think it would also greatly benefit from more airfields on the french side...