Markindel's USS Iowa, Late War Vietnam/Korea

Hawkeye60

I have the files for it.

So perhaps, using the Brothers mod as a template,

We can get it flying?

Let me see what can be done!

Suggestions welcome!

• Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Screen-211211-081541.jpg

Screen-211211-081548.jpg

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Update after further testing: The ship named 'USS New Jersey" (no late or Korea in the name) will turn the main guns and fire at targets and there is sound when they fire.

All other ships, whether Korea or Late versions, will only fire the smaller guns and there is no sound.

It's not an issue because at least one modern ship works as intended. Surely it's a simple fix?

Edited by Ghostrider142
  • Like 1

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 4:45 PM, Ghostrider142 said:

Update after further testing: The ship named 'USS New Jersey" (no late or Korea in the name) will turn the main guns and fire at targets and there is sound when they fire.

All other ships, whether Korea or Late versions, will only fire the smaller guns and there is no sound.

It's not an issue because at least one modern ship works as intended. Surely it's a simple fix?

Same for me, I notice you can only hear the guns if you are on the same side of the ship as the guns.

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 12:20 AM, VZ_342 said:

Please give instructions on where to install the folder "Iowa Class Late War - Korea" and its contents? Thx

Hi, must be installed in the C:\users\"your name"\saved games\DCS (or DCS openbeta)\mods\tech\

And for those who are interrested in realism I updated the wake files (to put in the "Shapes" folder of the mod).

Iowa_1950.lods.ship_wake

Iowa_1980.lods.ship_wake

iowa_1980_global.lods.ship_wake

iowa_1980_rq_2_pioneer.lods.ship_wake

Screen_230914_112240.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...

I have a major up-date coming.

A whole new model!

With correct weapons!

Stay tuned!

@Ghostrider142

I will look into the sounds.

I think there is a way, using the sounders files.

• Thanks 3

Soon!

Close to sea trials.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

She is coming along.

With a modernized Fletcher Class.

Takes time to make them look correct, and have period weapons.

ASAP!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 9:10 PM, Hawkeye60 said:

She is coming along.

With a modernized Fletcher Class.

Takes time to make them look correct, and have period weapons.

ASAP!

Great to hear, really looking forward to it!

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for it to be released.  I'm sure that it will kick ass when it's sailing.  😎

Question (on behalf of those who are curious):  Will the ship have the "61" on the bow in this upcoming version?

USS-Iowa.jpg

Edited by Bunsen

Some things are best left for you to discover!

I will get back to her ASAP.

Lots has been completed already.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2024 at 5:25 PM, Hawkeye60 said:

Some things are best left for you to discover!

I will get back to her ASAP.

Lots has been completed already.

If you are feeling froggy, the barrel bloomers at the base of the barrels where they meet the turret are black IRL and not white... even in WWII... this is a problem of people using Wargaming's USS Iowa model as the basis for things (and this is, for sure, their model as the real USS Iowa never had twin 40mm Bofors... only quads, and WG had a habit of taking the first hull of any US Battleship and removing the quads they set sail with and making them twins...).  I fought a nearly three year long war with WG showing historical photo after historical photo on this before they finally changed all of the US Fast Battleships to have the correct gun barrel bloomers...

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --