New update for the hind

Denwagg

After this update (2.7.4.9632) it starts to dancing .... rudder pedals does trim correction even if it is turned off ... hard to do manual hover, LOL.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, iLOVEwindmills said:

Does trimming now not make the heli lurch constantly forcing you to trim again?

Still dling.

Yes it seems to behave in same way as Mi-8 trim functions. No more lurching! I had a quick fly this evening - a much more pleasant experience.

Edited by Resection

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram, Oculus Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick.

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

After this update (2.7.4.9632) it starts to dancing .... rudder pedals does trim correction even if it is turned off ... hard to do manual hover, LOL.

Strange I didn’t have any such problem and found hovering easier because of the cyclic trim working correctly. Did you have the yaw autopilot channel switched on? If it is on you will get rudder pedal input showing even with the rudder trimmer option deselected.

Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, 32GB Ram, Oculus Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick.

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Ok, I found my issue, this update RESETS your Axis configs so it needs again delete unnecessary axes on all controllers ‼️

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

51 minutes ago, Resection said:

Yes it seems to behave in same way as Mi-8 trim functions. No more lurching! I had a quick fly this evening - a much more pleasant experience.

Which type of trimming do you use? I was trying it and there was still some, though perhaps not as bad as it used to be.

It's been a really long time since I last flew the mi8, I vaguely recall there being zero movement after trimming.

37 minutes ago, iLOVEwindmills said:

Which type of trimming do you use? I was trying it and there was still some, though perhaps not as bad as it used to be.

It's been a really long time since I last flew the mi8, I vaguely recall there being zero movement after trimming.

Central position trimmer mode on both Mi-8 and Mi-24P.

Regarding mi-24 trim fix, it is a lot better but sometimes it overcompesates for unknown reason. Closer to how mi-8 trim behaves but bit worse, maybe somehow AP channels interfere with trim. When you hold attitude,roll and yaw and pressing and releasing trim it should stay at that current pitch,roll,yaw(just like mi-8 does) but sometimes it does not. Also I think it could be the timing of the entire process, with mi-8 i have enough time to return stick to the center, maybe mi-24 doesn't allow that to happen , who knows.

This update fixed most of the issues, and for me, all of the ones regarding the trimming and flight model (FFB). Even the engines, with their temperatures and spin-up speeds seem to have improved as well. The Mi-24 is just as pleasant to fly as Ka50. Just a fantastic machine, I expected no less. It’s a cruiser helicopter, really incredible how much those fixes improved the flight experience. Of course correct Shturm weight (they were too heavy) did it’s own as well. In general, I am having fantastic flying qualities with a super stable and predictable flight envelope after this patch. The pitching-yoyoing around 5% nose-down and -up pitch, seems to be fixed as well. This is a really good update!

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, Gretsch_Man said:

Well, for me this update completely wiped out my hotas setup for the Hind! 

Was that necessary? 🥺

Yes, now you can set up controls for pilot and operator (different set), here is a reason.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

17 minutes ago, Gretsch_Man said:

Well, for me this update completely wiped out my hotas setup for the Hind! 

Was that necessary? 🥺

Yes, it's explained in the changelog...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

11 hours ago, Resection said:

Not on my end - it still changes attitude after button release, perhaps less than before but it's definitely still there.

4 hours ago, Blackeye said:

Not on my end - it still changes attitude after button release, perhaps less than before but it's definitely still there.

The Same, trim bug not solved

Edited by sylkhan

1 minute ago, Denwagg said:

Only way trim reset will not affect flight path is if the stick position and Rudder position (if you have Rudder trim on in special) matches your current neutral, blade pitch, velocity and attitude. 

This is about trim not trim reset.

27 minutes ago, Denwagg said:

Sorry mine works as I expect. No problems here

Try this:

1) Trim for forward flight with a significant nose down attitude and the AP channels on (pitch, bank and heading) - you should end up somewhat stable with 250-ish kph.

2) Then use the cyclic to pull the nose up until it is pointing on the horizon in a somewhat stable flight without trimming (you will need to hold the stick aft a bit).

3) Then press and release the trim button and quickly return the stick to the center and watch what happens.

I would expect the helicopter to maintain the nose on horizon attitude in this case, however what happens is that it pulls up further and stabilizes with a nose up attitude of a few degrees forcing you to trim again if you want to achieve a stable nose-on-horizon trim.

You can also try the reverse or any larger change of attitude (banked for orbit, etc) and observe the same "over-correction" of the stick input you made on trim press and release.

This is with the "center trimming option" to avoid any stick input after setting the trim.

Edited by Blackeye

7 minutes ago, Flagrum said:

Which trimmer mode do you guys have configured under special options? And do you have FFB enabled or disabled under general settings?

FFB is disabled and "central position" trimming option but last time I tried it behaved the same with the default option.