f16 update question

Viciam1

Hi guys, with the new open beta update released today I noticed a couple of updates which I was hoping someone may be able to help me with.

Restrict Launch of AGM-88 From Stations 4 and 6 - can be carried but not launched

AND

Corrected the FCR TWS range change Increase.

Does that mean I can only carry 2 harms now instead of 4? And what about this TWS range change increase? What does that do? Is that when in RWS mode when you push the cursor all the way up it increases the range? I know in TWS you couldn't push it all the way up or down to increase or decrease before?

They really should have removed the mounting on those points instead of just restricting launching. For the first time we now have weapons that can be loaded but not used and there is nothing to indicate this in the mission editor/planner or rearming screen. This will surely be VERY confusing and lead to some very unpleasant surprises during missions.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, CBOOTHE said:

Well the F15E can carry way more than any other fighter, I can understand that If you need a rapid response.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JeffreyC said:

They really should have removed the mounting on those points instead of just restricting launching. For the first time we now have weapons that can be loaded but not used and there is nothing to indicate this in the mission editor/planner or rearming screen. This will surely be VERY confusing and lead to some very unpleasant surprises during missions.

You got to know the plane you are flying. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rain said:

No, the UI has to be proper for the user. First off we are not flying only one plane. That itself would be very bad for ED's business model if every user purchased only one module. Second the pilot does lot load out the aircraft. Come one, your post made no sense at all. There is no reason for a person to look up from outside sources for every weapon on every aircraft they are using at home for entertainment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JeffreyC said:

No, the UI has to be proper for the user. First off we are not flying only one plane. That itself would be very bad for ED's business model if every user purchased only one module. Second the pilot does lot load out the aircraft. Come one, your post made no sense at all. There is no reason for a person to look up from outside sources for every weapon on every aircraft they are using at home for entertainment.

Entertainment?  ENTERTAINMENT!?!?  This isn't entertainment. *scoffs*  It's A SIMULATION!

• Like 3

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

On 7/23/2021 at 8:50 AM, Rain said:

Some ppl take flying pixel planes waaaay too serious

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]