[RESOLVED] Guided weapons not working on latest beta update

pacastro

Hi, just updated to 2.7.4.963 and guided weapons are not working.

If I try to use laser guided rockets, or laser guided mavericks or IR guided maverick they aren't working for me now. Worked fine on previous version.

When I select the weapon, they get selected, but the pylon selected display just goes off and you don't get displayed any of the options for the selected weapon... IR Mavs won't get the stby indicator of cooling down either. For laser Mavs, I can't get the laser search to start searching.

• Like 2

The issue seems to be caused by TPod video feed/HOTAS mode. IR Mavericks and other weapons work fine on their own and with DMT/LST, but, if TPod is in HOTAS mode (SSS down twice) or, maybe, just when TPod video is on the MPCD, all weapons (I have tried Mk.20, GBU-16, GBU-54, APKWS) aren't displaying attack symbology on HUD, stations aren't boxed on STRS (but weapon name stays boxed in the top MPCD border), and when you attempt to select ordnance, attack symbology and STRS selection briefly flashes and drops again, HUD shows only dashes indicating "no ordnance".

• Like 2

Aernov is right.  Here's a track of the issue. This happens even when following the updated procedures. The track file is me trying to use a L/E2 Maverick according to the new procedure. As you can see, the weapon is not able to be selected properly, let alone uncaged, when the TPOD video is active on any MFD. Weapons can be selected just fine when the TPOD video is off. 

Harrier Uncage Bug.trk

Okay, but did you pay attention to what is in the Word file? 

And also note today's changelog: 

• Updated: AGM-65 restrictions and limitations.
  • Improved: Sensor Select Switch (SSS) logic and keybinds. Note: SSS keybinds must be done again

CHANGES TO AGM and TPOD AV-8B.docx

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

1 minute ago, kotor633 said:

Okay, but did you pay attention to what is in the Word file? 

And also note today's changelog: 

• Updated: AGM-65 restrictions and limitations.
  • Improved: Sensor Select Switch (SSS) logic and keybinds. Note: SSS keybinds must be done again

CHANGES TO AGM and TPOD AV-8B.docx 20.95 kB · 0 downloads

Yes. Did you? This change is concerned with the confliction of Maverick vs TPOD video display and the inability to self-lase the AGM-65E. I reproduced the error in my track file by following that procedure. 

The track posted by shiroka shows this bug affected weapons that are not part of those changes

vor 45 Minuten schrieb gnomechild:

Yes. Did you? This change is concerned with the confliction of Maverick vs TPOD video display and the inability to self-lase the AGM-65E. I reproduced the error in my track file by following that procedure. 

The track posted by shiroka shows this bug affected weapons that are not part of those changes

No I did not. I deleted both modules from RB. Since, as things are currently going, I am simply not interested in their 'products' ... 

• Thanks 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

As mentioned above, with the Hotfix, all the guided weapons seem to be working fine, (FOR ME) but the ZOOM UP (IN) and DOWN (OUT)  buttons on the TPOD page are still reversed. Not sure if there were changes to the Hotfix since I downloaded it from Discord.

Edited by Recluse

Couple of things to note chaps:

- The hotfix needs to be put into the main DCS install, and NOT your saved games.  Won't work in the saved games folder

- The Mav Ls seem to need warmup even on a hot start.  Confused me for a few mins until I realised

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Guided weapons not working on latest beta update