Mission planning do it

I have just had it with these campaigns.  

You  guys who write these things and don’t know the first thing about mission planning.  And for some reason you ALL have a deep psychological failing when it comes to putting the tanker information in the briefing where it can be accessed in flight. (Major problems with every mission or campaign I try,  with putting accurate and complete information in the briefings).  And actually putting the mission objectives into the briefing.  And making the objectives obscure so you can’t figure out how to complete the mission.

Actual mission planning included using an operations order format.

1. Situation.  This is where you can use your creative gene and write all your words about your characters etc.

2.  Mission statement.   As it implies it is A sentence that actually explains what the hell you want to accomplish.

3. Execution. This is a scheme of maneuver that outlines with details how to accomplish the mission.

4.  Support.  This includes stuff like where the ac is and how its loaded out.  What to do if you get shot down etc.

5. Command and signal.   This includes a complete comm plan, its a plan, not a list of freq.  and a list of every freq and tacan and ils in the mission.  This is an excellent thing to include in the kneeboard.  You could call it a comm card or a smart card and sound like an actual military aviator.

Generally in your comm plan; There will be common frequencies.  Then separate frequencies for subtasks.  You would monitor a primary such as blue 1.  And land tank strike etc on a sub freq such as green 1,2,3,

This stuff is not rocket science and has been taught to E-1s in every military service and law enforcement agency in the world since long before any of you guys were around.  Planning is organized like this in order to make it harder to forget stuff (like tanker tacans) and provide a common format.  ie so everyone can understand what you are trying to say.  And if you are not organizing this way, you don’t know what you are doing.

I might as well take the money I spent on the campaign and burn it in the street.  The continuing aggravation of trying to figure out what to do is infuriating. 

Hi Thumper1911

This campaign is not a hard core mission, it's a story mission. So it is essentially impossible to form a relatively real mission briefing. But actually, the goal of each mission is very clear, and you can get this information in the prompt in the upper right corner to understand what you need to do.