Asf14 after f14d

Ddg1500

Hello, I was thinking if some day in the future heatblur could cooperate with Northrop Grumman with their advance simulation computer, to bring up the conceptual tomcat into Dcs with the  timeframe at around 2005, so that we could have a f14e played, that would be so nice(could just some random fantasy, don’t be serious)

I'd love to see a ASF-14 but is a concept, there only "guesstimates" about it so i don't believe that is ever a chance. 

ps: It's amazing how the ASF-14 would be ahead of this time with those avionics on early's 90:

AWST_19910401.jpg

• Like 2

Heatblur: we're not doing the F-14D because we don't have enough information

OP: after the F-14D you are not going to do due to lack of information can you please do an imaginary aircraft that never went beyond the drawing board and that, therefore, has even less info known about it

I just...I don't get it.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 9

See, here's the funny thing... I would like to make the F-14E, but that's because I'd also like to make many of the aircraft that never got off the ground (figuratively speaking). Whether they existed as a design document, or as a pre-production aircraft ready to enter service, I think they all deserve a place in the sim. Why? Because that's ultimately what simulation is all about. None of us here now will ever know what it's like to fly an F-16, F-4, Su-27, etc. Ok, maybe a few of us will, but does that mean we should just draw the line at aircraft that only entered service? Or heck, just the aircraft that are in service right now? I personally say "no". If a team wants to make an X-Plane, something that lost a competition, or something killed by a politician to get votes, then by all means, let them make it. If you don't like the idea of the aircraft being in DCS, then you don't have to buy it. Seems simple enough, right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tank50us said:

If a team wants to make an X-Plane, something that lost a competition, or something killed by a politician to get votes, then by all means, let them make it.

I don't think much people share this idea with you. In DCS we like to fly aicraft simulated based off a RL machines, how they flew, what the pilots did and what was their role on the battlefield. Basing simulation off a project alone and CFD calcs makes it just an engineer exercise.

• Like 5

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Would love it but would have to be a mod.  

Would probably feel much like the F-22 mod except with naval capability.

Drive_SuperTomcat21.jpg

drive-Supertomcat_21.jpg

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2