DCS: F/A-18C RISE OF THE PERSIAN LION CAMPAIGN RELEASED

As another sunrise breaks over the shimmering Iranian desert horizon, things in the Gulf are about to change in a big way. It appears that the I.R.G.C is no longer subservient to the Clerics as before. Fuelled by the recent severe international sanctions its new aggressive leader by the name of ‘Asad’ has sworn to take full control of the Straits of Hormuz. In response, an international force has been deployed to the area with the USS Abraham Lincoln at its heart.

In the Black sea Lieutenant Scott Waters, call sign ‘Ford’, deployment on USS John C Stennis draws to a close. Both he and his wingman are soon to become part of this new force in the Gulf.

Things are balanced on a pin head, tensions in the Gulf are about to be raised to breaking point …. and beyond………….

This Campaign follows on from Ford’s exploits at the Black Sea on board the USS John C Stennis in the ‘Serpent’s Head 2 Campaign’.

The Campaign ethos, as before, is not to capture reality but create an imaginative, immersive, and engaging set of missions linked together with a developing plot narrative.

(This campaign can be fully enjoyed without having flown the SH2 Campaign prior.) 

Key Features

·         15 Detailed missions linked by an ongoing story line.

·         ‘Ford’ is now joined by his wingman, Lieutenant Larry Jackson, call sign ‘Wave’.

·         As before a VR friendly design with careful control of resources and including recall of airborne coordinates.

·         Over a thousand voice overs performed by voice actors.

·         Detailed briefs for each of the missions including PDF versions.

·         Kneeboards for each mission.

·         Personalised aircraft skins

·         Alternate optional campaign version with ‘Easy Air to Air Refuel’ for those who have not yet mastered the art of catching the basket.

·         Mission bypass system. This allows the pilot in the first 5 minutes of a mission to select, via the F10 menu, to move up to the next level even if they fail the mission.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/fa-18c_rise_of_the_persian_lion_campaign/

Badger633

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

:thumbup:

Yay! I have been so looking forward to this one! And Ford continues - fantastic.

We have grandkids flying in this morning for a long weekend, will probably be next week before I can start it.

15 missions is awesome - purchased ! 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, dburne said:

:thumbup:

Yay! I have been so looking forward to this one! And Ford continues - fantastic.

We have grandkids flying in this morning for a long weekend, will probably be next week before I can start it.

15 missions is awesome - purchased ! 

Thanks and I hope you enjoy. Good times with the grandkids 🙂👍

Edited by Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Purchased as well! And now with the heat out here, it will feel very immersive as well, just like sitting in the cockpit in the gulf...😅

• Like 1

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

@Badger633,

Was just reading the briefing for Mission 1.

Is there no simplified air to air refueling in this one?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

3 hours ago, dburne said:

@Badger633,

Was just reading the briefing for Mission 1.

Is there no simplified air to air refueling in this one?

Hi, there is only one set of PDF briefs for the normal version. There is a simplified A2A refuel version of the campaign provided. Just choose which campaign you want at the start.  The in game brief of the simplified A2A refuel version will have additional notes at the beginning of the brief relating to the simplified A2A refuel.  By the way the campaigns also have a mission by pass facility if required as set out in the docs.

Badger633

16 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Hi, there is only one set of PDF briefs for the normal version. There is a simplified A2A refuel version of the campaign provided. Just choose which campaign you want at the start.  The in game brief of the simplified A2A refuel version will have additional notes at the beginning of the brief relating to the simplified A2A refuel.  By the way the campaigns also have a mission by pass facility if required as set out in the docs.

Badger633

Gotcha, great much thanks!

Don B

56 minutes ago, Blackflys56 said:

Campaign purchased and first mission accomplished with A2A refuel. 

Easy to begin as usual 😎

A question, impossible to me to contact my wingman, freq 305? 

Hi you don’t need to contact the wingman all radio calls are triggered. The exception to this is A2A refuel and Carrier approaches. You will be advised in game when you need to change channels. Info also in kneepad and brief.

Hope this helps 

Badger633

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, L4key said:

Hi - sorry for being slow, but in M3, what are ‘sinkers’?

Great campaign so far BTW!

Edit: Subs… ok!

Sorry, just saw your message. Yep Subs. Hope you enjoy.

• Thanks 1

Ok so first two missions are under my belt with a safe landing on the Abe Lincoln.

I think I am really going to enjoy this one! Nice to have a wingman to keep me company as well.

• Thanks 1

Don B

Whoops I gotta go back to ground school and learn all about the ATFLIR before starting mission 3.

Great stuff though I needed to learn it anyway.

• Like 1

Don B

2 hours ago, dburne said:

Whoops I gotta go back to ground school and learn all about the ATFLIR before starting mission 3.

Great stuff though I needed to learn it anyway.

Not a lot different.🙂

Badger633

52 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Not a lot different.🙂

Badger633

Good to know thanks, I will be tackling it in the morning prior to Mission 3.

If it not much different than the Lightening I am sure I will be fine.

• Like 1

Don B

I have bought this campaign without hesitation. After passing Serpent's Head 1 and 2 few months ago and few other campaigns afterwards, I may confess that SH 1 and 2 gave me the most pleaseure and now I can expect the best quality due to immersion and triggers working. Of course, there are more detailed campaigns, forcing you to learn more but on the other hand they often give you a high level of frustration because of bugs. 

I am after mission 1 (no problems) at the moment and I will try to give some feedback in case of any doubt with further missions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got four missions under my belt now. Loving the way things are building up in this one!

Plus got some learning of the ATFLIR in the process.

Very much enjoying this one.

• Like 1

Don B

Apparently I have no idea what I am doing using ATFLIR targeting Pod and Mavs. Mission 5 I get the first cruiser identified and confirmed but can not get my Mav's uncaged at all. I will persevere till I get it though. 

Edit - managed to get it right on the second attempt. At first seemed like I was going to have the same problem again, but I kept trying and managed to get it to where I could uncage and fire the Mav.  Sad thing is I am really not sure how I got it right this time, but at least I did lol.

Fantastic campaign so far and I am only a third of the way through! Loving it!

Edited by dburne

Don B

4 hours ago, dburne said:

Apparently I have no idea what I am doing using ATFLIR targeting Pod and Mavs. Mission 5 I get the first cruiser identified and confirmed but can not get my Mav's uncaged at all. I will persevere till I get it though. 

Edit - managed to get it right on the second attempt. At first seemed like I was going to have the same problem again, but I kept trying and managed to get it to where I could uncage and fire the Mav.  Sad thing is I am really not sure how I got it right this time, but at least I did lol.

Fantastic campaign so far and I am only a third of the way through! Loving it!

Have your Mav up and ready to go. Get your sea radar lock, (checking correct target by opening FLIR) then put mav screen in priority and uncage. It will lock the mav onto target and fire missile. If your not happy the mav has locked correctly via the mav camera you can rapidly cage and uncage until the  mav is locked onto the cruiser and not the bog hammers. The mav doesn’t always lock onto the correct target if there are others very close by.
Hope this helps

Badger633

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger633 said:

Have your Mav up and ready to go. Get your sea radar lock, (checking correct target by opening FLIR) then put mav screen in priority and uncage. It will lock the mav onto target and fire missile. If your not happy the mav has locked correctly via the mav camera you can rapidly cage and uncage until the  mav is locked onto the cruiser and not the bog hammers. The mav doesn’t always lock onto the correct target if there are others very close by.
Hope this helps

Badger633

Thanks much, as I managed to get it on the second attempt I will definitely keep this in mind for next time I need it.

Don B

Hey just purchased!

Looking forward to doing something different & a nice break from my own stuff here.

This looks great & was a reasonable price too.. even with my exchange rate.

Thanks for creating Badger633 🙂 👍

• Thanks 1

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

On 7/29/2021 at 6:49 AM, Badger633 said:

Hope this helps

Badger633

i have  no issues   doing  it  this  way  since got  both  ships,  but  found  out  that  i  can"t  slave  my  mavs  to  the  target,   thought   that  the  last update  had  borked   it lol.  So  went  to  my  other  saved  mission tried  a few  of  them  and  had  no  issues  in slaving  my mavs  to  the  target