DCS: F/A-18C RISE OF THE PERSIAN LION CAMPAIGN RELEASED

Hello Badger, 

First, congrats for the campaign, it is really well done !!!

on mission 7 and 8 (easy), altough I did configure the tacan 10x AA, I couldn’t find the tanker. On mission 7, I had enough to fly back to home but not the mission 8. For mission 8, I couldn’t even find him on the SA page which was bizarre. 

Could you check if the mission is correct ?

Kind regards, 

Cobra

3 hours ago, cobragva said:

Hello Badger, 

First, congrats for the campaign, it is really well done !!!

on mission 7 and 8 (easy), altough I did configure the tacan 10x AA, I couldn’t find the tanker. On mission 7, I had enough to fly back to home but not the mission 8. For mission 8, I couldn’t even find him on the SA page which was bizarre. 

Could you check if the mission is correct ?

Kind regards, 

Cobra

Thanks cobragva

Currently in DCS you must not select AA just T/R when trying to contact the tanker with TACAN. Just like ground based TACAN.

Hope this helps let me know if it doesn’t.

Badger633

Edit: Just checked, worked ok this end without AA selected.

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 4 weeks later...

Mission 13 problem here, with second AAR. My stupid wingman always hits me and after that we both crashed, mission failed. Tried it thounsand of times... he must get port (left) side as usual, but he wants go get the right side and hits me. And one more thing - tanker dont lets me to refuel, i `ve done evertything correct, but the basket is never hanged up into my refueling pipe..may be its something of bug i dont know.

Edited by VDV

11 hours ago, VDV said:

Mission 13 problem here, with second AAR. My stupid wingman always hits me and after that we both crashed, mission failed. Tried it thounsand of times... he must get port (left) side as usual, but he wants go get the right side and hits me. And one more thing - tanker dont lets me to refuel, i `ve done evertything correct, but the basket is never hanged up into my refueling pipe..may be its something of bug i dont know.

Hi

Yes it seems to be a recent DCS bug.

I need to look into it.

In the meantime if you go to the starboard side to refuel, as you are instructed, and you cannot connect then move directly to the port side as the AI wingman seems to now to be deciding to head starboard side sometimes but not always. This never happened before but updates seems to changed things.

Could you let me know if it’s only happened on this or other missions.

Hope this helps and will confirm when resolved.

Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Badger633, thank you. 

No, other missions are working perfectly - no problem there, only in mission 13 with second AAR. I hope this mission will be fixed soon..

You have made a great campaign btw, well done, great job.  (sorry for my font-something messed up with my keyboard).

Edited by VDV

40 minutes ago, VDV said:

Badger633, thank you. 

No, other missions are working perfectly - no problem there, only in mission 13 with second AAR. I hope this mission will be fixed soon..

You have made a great campaign btw, well done, great job.  (sorry for my font-something messed up with my keyboard).

Thanks.

Yes hope it gets fixed soon. It’s one of those difficult ones which doesn’t seem to be consistent.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VDV said:

hi, mission 13 was nighttime, its a day now after update?

Not sure what you mean?

9 hours ago, VDV said:

Pete_auau yes, exactly. And the mission seems to be different too.

Just checked it out and it started in the night as normal. It is set at 0300 hours with a full moon. what is different ? 

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm now in mission 8, and there's a SEAD team supposed to get rid of some SA-6 on the island, and call for "Freedom" when those have been destroyed. However, they release the HARMs (code Skylark), but they never call Freedom. I've seen a video on Youtube, and HARMs are supposed to reach their targets at around minute 50, but I keep flying in circles in WP2 and they never call it, and if after several circles I decide to head towards the island, the SAMs are still there. Am I doing something wrong or might this mission be corrupted with some of the latest updates?

Edited by Assamita

15 hours ago, Assamita said:

I think it was as silly an issue as not launching from the proper CAT. I didn't pay attention and was launching from CAT 1, and I was supposed to do it from CAT 2.

Hi Assamita

There is an issue with the mission. It appears recently the AI is not doing as it should. This due to recent DCS updates. I have now fixed this and it has been submitted to ED. It will be in the next DCS update which will be soon.

Hope this helps

Badger633

6 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Hi Assamita

There is an issue with the mission. It appears recently the AI is not doing as it should. This due to recent DCS updates. I have now fixed this and it has been submitted to ED. It will be in the next DCS update which will be soon.

Hope this helps

Badger633

Thanks! Yesterday I was playing this mission again and following the missiles cam. Out of the two, one missed its target, therefore I couldn't again approach the island. I hope that fixed is deployed soon 😊

BTW, great campaign, I'm enjoying it a lot

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 8:48 AM, Assamita said:

Thanks! Yesterday I was playing this mission again and following the missiles cam. Out of the two, one missed its target, therefore I couldn't again approach the island. I hope that fixed is deployed soon 😊

BTW, great campaign, I'm enjoying it a lot

I played it again and one of the missiles missed again, so I decided to fly high speed low level (30 to 50 ft ASL) to avoid the SAM detection and destroy it myself with one of the AGMs, and later destroyed the truck attacking the boat with the gun. Not ideal in terms of fuel efficiency, but a nice and fun twist to the mission. Very Top Gunish flying so fast so low above the sea 😁

Edited by Assamita
  • Like 1

If it's of any use, I've finally completed the mission. I think that the missile miss if you reach WP2 before minute 50, which is when impact is expected. If I sync it to arrive at minute 50 or earlier, both missiles hit. Don't know the logic about it, but it's what I've experienced. 

17 hours ago, Assamita said:

If it's of any use, I've finally completed the mission. I think that the missile miss if you reach WP2 before minute 50, which is when impact is expected. If I sync it to arrive at minute 50 or earlier, both missiles hit. Don't know the logic about it, but it's what I've experienced. 

Thanks. Think it is down to AI and ability to hit targets. Truth is you cannot depend on AI to always hit their targets especially if it’s a key the mission progression. So need fail safes which I have now added.

2 hours ago, Assamita said:

BTW, something else that is not working for me is that I can't see my wingman in the SA page, and yes, DL is on (channel 336.0). Or am I doing something wrong?

Yes. Channel 336.0 is currently for the Automatic carrier landing system. When you switch the DL on you need to press the DL button a second time and set on for a second time. This will then switch on the SA data link.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Assamita said:

Thanks. I didn't know about that. Does that mean that ACLS system is active in this campaing?

Sure, I added ACLS to all my campaigns last update 😉

• Like 1

Awesome campaign. I will be waiting to see whats next from you and will definitely do this one a few more times very soon. My biggest compliment is towards the briefings. They are clear and concise with everything I needed easily available at all times. Not having to wade through pages and pages of an adult golden book in order to decipher my mission targets or need to remind myself of them, was an extreme welcome relief.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Assamita said:

What's the ACLS channel? I can't get it to pass the test and I heard that's normally because the channel is wrong. 

Its  in the  knee  board  the  acls  channel  same  as  wags  vid think its 336.0

Edited by pete_auau