DCS: F/A-18C RISE OF THE PERSIAN LION CAMPAIGN RELEASED

32 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Its  in the  knee  board  the  acls  channel  same  as  wags  vid think its 336.0

My kneepad only has ATC, TACAN and ILS, and I purchased the campaign on the 21st of May. So unless the ACLS channel is the same as the ATC...

1 hour ago, Assamita said:

My kneepad only has ATC, TACAN and ILS, and I purchased the campaign on the 21st of May. So unless the ACLS channel is the same as the ATC...

ok  the  first one  hasnt  got  it  yet  but  the  follow up  one  the increased  difficulty has   so  guess  you have  to  wait  till Badger  makes the  changes

4 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

ok  the  first one  hasnt  got  it  yet  but  the  follow up  one  the increased  difficulty has   so  guess  you have  to  wait  till Badger  makes the  changes

You mean that only the Increased difficulty campaign has ACLS, or only the kneepad of that campaign has the frequency?

You mean that only the Increased difficulty campaign has ACLS, or only the kneepad of that campaign has the frequency?

on the increased   difficulty  one  it  has  acls  and  has  the  comms listed  on the knee  board

Edited by pete_auau

Yes the channel has been left at 336.0 

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

What a great campaign this was. I've finally finished and had a lot of fun, as well as learned a lot. Definitely playing it again in increased difficulty, but not before playing both serpent's head campaigns, which I didn't know were the prelude of this. 

What a great campaign this was. I've finally finished and had a lot of fun, as well as learned a lot. Definitely playing it again in increased difficulty, but not before playing both serpent's head campaigns, which I didn't know were the prelude of this. 

Hi

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it is a continuous story line from the free ‘Serpent’s Head’ to ‘Serpent’s Head 2’ and the ‘Rise of the Persian Lion’.

‘Rise of the Persian Lion 2’ is in the works now and continues Lieutenant Scott Rivers, “Ford”, exploits.

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 4

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:19 PM, Assamita said:

Out of curiosity, I assume you get a % of the money of the campaign purchases, don't you? I just finished the serpent's head too and purchased the 2

Hi

Sorry not allowed to talk about the agreement with ED.

Hope you enjoy the campaigns🙂👍

Hello,

Thanks for another fantastic campaign! I played the Serpent's Head 1 and 2 and now this one and I must say these are my favorite campaigns in DCS! For me, it's the right level of difficulty, realism, and fun, and I love the story and voiceovers.

I am having an issue with the final mission (mission 15). Just before I get to WP 2 to orbit there, my wingman, 402, turns back to the carrier and lands there! I retried multiple times and every time 402 turns back. I tried sinking the Souria myself but can't seem to hit it with the JDAMs. I'm guessing these are not the right weapons for that so I really need my wingman to stick with me. Any idea why he's turning back? 

Thanks!

17 hours ago, pdebaty said:

Hello,

Thanks for another fantastic campaign! I played the Serpent's Head 1 and 2 and now this one and I must say these are my favorite campaigns in DCS! For me, it's the right level of difficulty, realism, and fun, and I love the story and voiceovers.

I am having an issue with the final mission (mission 15). Just before I get to WP 2 to orbit there, my wingman, 402, turns back to the carrier and lands there! I retried multiple times and every time 402 turns back. I tried sinking the Souria myself but can't seem to hit it with the JDAMs. I'm guessing these are not the right weapons for that so I really need my wingman to stick with me. Any idea why he's turning back? 

Thanks!

Hi 

Thanks for the kind words. 

That’s definitely not right 420 needs to stay with you otherwise you will not be able to progress the mission.

I will look into what is happening.

How quickly are you getting to way point 2. Are you using burner all the way? Your probably not, but just checking as one reason he would turn back is if he is short of fuel. The wingman can get quite low if he is having to use burner to catch up with you.

Other than this it could be an AI issue. There has been a lot of updates that have impacted some of their actions.

If you have Tacview a copy of the Tacview of the flight would be useful. The DCS tracks are not always accurate.

I will update this with anything I find.

EDIT: Have flown it this end. 420 did not leave  at WP 2 but did leave me a lot later in the mission. I believe it is related to fuel  and have made a number of changes which I will test. Will then be updated for next DCS update. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

On 6/28/2022 at 3:37 PM, Badger633 said:

Hi 

Thanks for the kind words. 

That’s definitely not right 420 needs to stay with you otherwise you will not be able to progress the mission.

I will look into what is happening.

How quickly are you getting to way point 2. Are you using burner all the way? Your probably not, but just checking as one reason he would turn back is if he is short of fuel. The wingman can get quite low if he is having to use burner to catch up with you.

Other than this it could be an AI issue. There has been a lot of updates that have impacted some of their actions.

If you have Tacview a copy of the Tacview of the flight would be useful. The DCS tracks are not always accurate.

I will update this with anything I find.

EDIT: Have flown it this end. 420 did not leave  at WP 2 but did leave me a lot later in the mission. I believe it is related to fuel  and have made a number of changes which I will test. Will then be updated for next DCS update. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Badger633

Thanks for your response. I am attaching a Tacview track of the flight. I did not use the burner all the way, just for takeoff. I stayed in mil power. 420 did not seem to have trouble staying with me and that is the speed I flew all the other missions without issues. I will try to fly it again going slower to see if it changes things. 

Thanks!

Tacview-20220627-220122-DCS-Persian 15 Saving the World.zip.acmi

16 hours ago, pdebaty said:

Thanks for your response. I am attaching a Tacview track of the flight. I did not use the burner all the way, just for takeoff. I stayed in mil power. 420 did not seem to have trouble staying with me and that is the speed I flew all the other missions without issues. I will try to fly it again going slower to see if it changes things. 

Thanks!

Tacview-20220627-220122-DCS-Persian 15 Saving the World.zip.acmi 2.96 MB · 1 download

Hi

I am making some adjustments to the mission to correct this issue. Thanks for the Tacview. Noticed that you have pulled away and 420 is having trouble catching up. As was set out in the brief you should fly with your wingman in mind. Would suggest you stay below 300 knots until 420 joins you. He was probably on afterburner all the time trying to catch up with you.  Having said that I think there is an issue as a result of updates and will fix them in next DCS update.

UPDATE: Fixed and issued to ED for next update.

Edited by Badger633
Update
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 9:57 AM, Badger633 said:

‘Rise of the Persian Lion 2’ is in the works now and continues Lieutenant Scott Rivers, “Ford”, exploits.

Got your others, excellent work, Day One purchase for me!

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

5 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Got your others, excellent work, Day One purchase for me!

Thanks for the kind words.👍

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 4:57 PM, Badger633 said:

Hi

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it is a continuous story line from the free ‘Serpent’s Head’ to ‘Serpent’s Head 2’ and the ‘Rise of the Persian Lion’.

I will be Day one purchase for me too, great news. When ROPL 2 will be ready??

1 minute ago, VDV said:

Thanks. Still up to my eyes working on it now. Could be a couple of months. Trouble these things take so long to put together 😅. I will try and complete as soon as I can though.  

• 5 months later...

Love all your campaigns!  It appears I'm the only guy that is having problems with mission 12....no matter what I try I can not hit the target.  I have tried waiting till 5 - 10 seconds after being in range before releasing.  I drop both bombs leaving time between drops and still come up short or miss entirely!  Even tried staying above the AAA in the clouds and releasing from a straight on approach and still miss!  Any tips/ideas?

Never mind....I may have forgot to depress the TDC after slewing the target!!

Edited by mla306

On 12/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, mla306 said:

Love all your campaigns!  It appears I'm the only guy that is having problems with mission 12....no matter what I try I can not hit the target.  I have tried waiting till 5 - 10 seconds after being in range before releasing.  I drop both bombs leaving time between drops and still come up short or miss entirely!  Even tried staying above the AAA in the clouds and releasing from a straight on approach and still miss!  Any tips/ideas?

Never mind....I may have forgot to depress the TDC after slewing the target!!

That will do it 🙂. Let me know if your still having a problem.

Glad you are enjoying the campaigns, ROPL 2 is out soon.

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hyperion___ said:

I'm having some problem in mission 6. After the dogfight the wingman tells that he's going to do a emergency landing, but he never goes there, he goes back towards ABE and then the mission fail because i didn't follow him to land, althought i"m with him the whole time.

Hi

It’s not you, your not the first to have this issue. It appears the ED updates have impacted the AI wingman. I am looking into it to get it fixed. I will let you know when I have done it.

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

• 3 months later...

I just finished the campaign and wanted to let you know that I had a kick a$$ time playing it! I learned a lot about the weapon systems and how to use them because of this campaign. I think the storyline was great and even with some of the glitches it was well worth the money. I purchased Rise 2 and look forward to playing it soon! Thank you for this awesome campaign!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hispanicgamer said:

I just finished the campaign and wanted to let you know that I had a kick a$$ time playing it! I learned a lot about the weapon systems and how to use them because of this campaign. I think the storyline was great and even with some of the glitches it was well worth the money. I purchased Rise 2 and look forward to playing it soon! Thank you for this awesome campaign!

Hi, thanks for the kind words. 

Let me know any glitches you had and I will fix them. When first complete the campaign works fine but as DCS is updated glitches appear which need fixing, so a heads up is really useful.   

Hope you enjoy Rise of the Persian Lion 2, this will take things further again, so strap in 😀👍 

• Thanks 2