DCS: F/A-18C RISE OF THE PERSIAN LION CAMPAIGN RELEASED

Ok got it like a boss on the next attempt, and did a successful carrier trap whew! Mission 7 is finally done!

So I used the GMT radar to get a fix on the convoy of three vehicles, then I switched to the ATFLIR targeting pod. 

Once I got close to the vehicles I was able to get an Auto lock with the targeting pod on the third vehicle. Launched a Mav, and hitting that third vehicle took care  of all three of them. Takes a few moment for the first one in line to blow, but he has caught fire from the blast and does eventually blow and then your cleared out of there having only used one Mav for the three vehicles.

I really am not totally sure why earlier my Mavs kept falling short, unless I was too high altitude or having the LTD on was messing it with. Not sure.

Able to do it now though , whew. Great fun still!!

Much thanks to all that offered help and especially Badger for all his assistance and this great campaign! Loving it!

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

5 hours ago, Mower said:

Mission 2, after WP6 theres no carrier...?

Hi, about 29 miles from the coast you were more than 5 miles off track and  have missed a trigger zone.  As set out in  the brief you need to follow the route to realise all mission content.

I have now updated the mission so that this trigger zone will activate no matter how far you are off course, not sure when it will be included in an ED update though. In the meantime just keep to the flight plan  track.  

If you did go through the trigger, and you will know this as you would have had the handover message from air traffic control, then you need to locate the ABE as suggested by Padre Pio above.

Thanks and hope you enjoy the campaign

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Wow been reading up on the briefing for Mission 8, lot of coordinated stuff going on it seems in this one, should be quite exciting!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 8/2/2021 at 6:35 PM, dburne said:

Wow been reading up on the briefing for Mission 8, lot of coordinated stuff going on it seems in this one, should be quite exciting!

Just so you know there is a bug with this one as ED did not release my latest file. Will be in next update. Have a look on the forum re mission 8

Edited by Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

24 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Just so you know there is a bug with this one as ED did not release my latest file. Will be in next update. Have a look on the forum re mission 8

Ok thanks - can you steer me to the correct forum to find this? 

Don B

On 8/2/2021 at 10:50 PM, dburne said:

Ok thanks - can you steer me to the correct forum to find this? 

DLC Campaigns / Badger633 

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/275-badger-633/

Edited by Badger633

43 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

DLC Campaigns / Badger633 

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/275-badger-633/

Ah ok thanks, so either wait for the next update or bypass this on. 

Good to know, now I just gotta decide.

Don B

In mission 4 Im afraid I am having trouble getting the coordinates entered.  Despite the instructions Im not sure how to set the HSI>data format for this.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Just now, Mower said:

In mission 4 Im afraid I am having trouble getting the coordinates entered.  Despite the instructions Im not sure how to set the HSI>data format for this.

In HSI/DATA page, put it in PRECISE mode (OSB 19), then go to A/C subpage (OSB 6) and change the LAT/LONG at OSB 15 to the SEC option from DEC (can't remember exactly what all they say, but you want SEC not DEC).  Go back to the WAYPOINT subpage (OSB 7), select the waypoint you want to assign it to (just keep going up until you find one with zero's in all the co-ordinates), select UFC (OSB 5), enter N (keypad 2), then the 1st 6 digits of the co-ordinate, press enter (UFC options displays THOU or something similar, but only one entry and you don't need to touch it), enter the last two digits of the co-ordinates, then enter the Easting co-ordinates the same way.

• Like 1

In Mission 8 after   shooting  the  2  migs  on  taxi way,  circling  overhead  i  got  the  call that  captain is taking  over  etc   and  return  back  to  defend  ship   but  failed,  been trying  now  for  3  missions  but  unable  to  get  the  call   after  shooting   down the  migs,   circling  overhead  the  tanker  for  about  10 minutes   

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

In Mission 8 after   shooting  the  2  migs  on  taxi way,  circling  overhead  i  got  the  call that  captain is taking  over  etc   and  return  back  to  defend  ship   but  failed,  been trying  now  for  3  missions  but  unable  to  get  the  call   after  shooting   down the  migs,   circling  overhead  the  tanker  for  about  10 minutes   

Hi, I am aware of this issue, see forum below. The imminent update will include my fix and cover a lot of small items in the campaign that had been resolved before release, but for some reason the latest flies were not issued at release.  

Badger633

• Thanks 1

Yay getting the update now!

Don B

9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Finally  completed   the  mission  although  during  the  a/a refuel  got  a  surprise wont  say  what it  was   since  dont  want  to  spoil it  for others   that may  or not  get  it 🙂

You could have gone all day without saying that lol.

I had enough fuel so chose not to do the refuel.

:doh:

Don B

Hmm first go at Mission 9 - did not have enough fuel to make it to Texaco.

Will retry and try to be more conservative.

Don B

3 minutes ago, dburne said:

Hmm first go at Mission 9 - did not have enough fuel to make it to Texaco.

Will retry and try to be more conservative.

Only go fast when you have to 👍

• Like 1

Must admit, not had a fuel issue as yet in any mission. Perhaps I fly like Miss daisy drove

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Second try I did fine. I suspect I used AB little more than I should have on that first try.

• Like 1

Don B

40 minutes ago, dburne said:

Second try I did fine. I suspect I used AB little more than I should have on that first try.

Afterburner is like removing the bottom of your fuel tanks 😄

• Like 2

Just finished Mission 10 - loved it!!

• Thanks 1

Don B

I will keep at it trying but I may not be able to do Mission 11. Me and the Hornet's air to air radar do not quite get along.

I will keep at it though and see if I can get lucky - don't want to skip a mission this late in the game.

Don B