Coupled autopilot mode not working properly with TGT

Reax178
Go to solution Solved by Recluse,

Hello, i started to learn the hornet but it seems like that the coupled autopilot mode cannot be activated when a target is designated with the targeting pod (i tried with both lantirn and atflir). The "CPL" indication appears for a second on the UFC but then diseapears and i simply cannot get it working even if i followed the same steps as Matt Wagner on the tutorial video.

Here is what i did

1-Press "Auto" on the HSI

2-Press CPL on the UFC (it works nicely until now)

3-Press A/G then go to the flir page on the right mfd

4-SCS Right to control that screen then SCS right again to designate a target

5-Go back to the UFC and A/P : CPL is no longer present (it comes back when i cancel "TGT" on the HSI)

Am i doing something wrong ? (I don't have any mods installed)

• Solution

I don't know if CPL works with a TGT unless you have an AUTO mode selected for a weapon where it couples to the ASL.  I just tried it an CPL doesn't appear when there is JUST a target designated.

Looked at Matt Wagner's video and it does need an AUTO designation for CPL TGT (~3:36 in the video)

Coming in our next big update for the Hornet, the Coupled Autopilot mode allows the aircraft to automatically fly to a set location. This can be a waypoint, TACAN station, or target (TGT) location when in AUTO delivery mode. When paired with the AUTO waypoint function, it also allows hands-off navigation when flying through a series of waypoints. When in Coupled Mode, the course line to the set location may also be adjusted.

Edited by Recluse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Recluse said:

I don't know if CPL works with a TGT unless you have an AUTO mode selected for a weapon where it couples to the ASL.  I just tried it an CPL doesn't appear when there is JUST a target designated.

Looked at Matt Wagner's video and it does need an AUTO designation for CPL TGT (~3:36 in the video)

My bad, you are right,it works only when AUTO is selected on the ordnance page, thanks