“Allow trial only clients” setting information is not displayed in server data window

D4n

No information on whether the setting is enabled/disabled in bottom right window.

grafik.png

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I'm guessing this "feature" was a request to ED by some DCS server admin/admins

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

42 minutes ago, Dagger71 said:

some players will try to bypass bans using the 14 day trial.

probably rather "would", not "will"

On 7/27/2021 at 9:39 AM, Nealius said:

Why aren't user accounts or IPs banned? In that case it wouldn't matter if they were trial only or not unless they kept making accounts, at which point the IP ban makes the most sense.

some people with banned accounts start new accounts only do the trial and then do whatever got their real account banned again. its a shame because there are legitimate folks out there that are doing the trial to see if they like the game. part of which is the MP experience. IP banning is hit or miss because of the dynamic nature of DHCP on internet connections.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 hour ago, silverdevil said:

... and then do whatever got their real account banned again. its a shame because there are legitimate folks out there ...

Indeed, a real shame that such people still stick to DCS.

15 minutes ago, D4n said:

Indeed, a real shame that such people still stick to DCS.

agreed. i wonder why people get a thrill out of cauing troubles. the anonymous nature of the Internet causes some of it. i suppose one is less likely to feel consequences from bad behavior in DCS than in line at the grocery store.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 8/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, silverdevil said:

i wonder why people get a thrill out of cauing troubles.

Yeah I wonder too. Sometimes it's also just that some players (squadron-members of some squadron for example) don't like the voice of a very good DCS pilot and just resist to communicate (maybe even out of stubbornness) with that pilot, really really a shame, where DCS has such an incredible potential for teamwork & coordination.

And then misunderstandings appear, and server-admins ban a player because of only half-knowledge (possibly out of overload of administrative tasks) and maybe even being biased with some DCS squadron(s) and maybe even unwillingness to understand what exactly occured. 😞

On 8/1/2021 at 11:53 PM, Dagger71 said:

oh the irony of this post!!!

Irony? Why, do you know of any DCS pilot who ban evaded to repeat the exact same action that he did in the first place that caused the ban? 🤨

Edited by D4n

9 hours ago, D4n said:

Irony? Why, do you know of any DCS pilot who ban evaded to repeat the exact same action that he did in the first place that caused the ban? 🤨

I know of at least one who openly discusses bypassing bans  on these forums 😉

"And even if some DCS players are using more than 1 account to "bypass bans", maybe they have quite good reasons to bypass it, have you ever considered that? "

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi,

this is correct as is, we decided the information for trial servers in the column was enough, duplicating the information is not needed.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2