** Announcing DCS: Eurofighter by Heatblur Simulations & TrueGrit!! **

Cobra847

Wait, if that's actual in-game cockpit display rendering .... no effing way ?!?!?!??!?!

Actual in-game display "rendering" "simulation" at the pixel level to replicate the way those special displays with much different technology and color/brightness/behavior than your standar LEDs or Incandesent lights your used to work ... that's the holy grail I always had in the back of my mind ever since getting into DCS, the holy grail I was always pushing back to mention as a wishlist, afraid it's way too of a spoiled wish for gameplay-wise quite low importance.

While there's obviously no need to simulate under the hood workings of the display, but the visual part, the depth and layers and the way color emits and feels, the way the hardware paints the picture and the refresh rate (but for practice to limited lengths), it's going to be even a bigger deal with WCG and HDR taking off and  then those screens will really be a big deal if they look really good, with reflections and lighting all interacting with the cockpit lighting, making preparations for that and planning ahead is a very good idea indeed, it's going to look amazing if true !!!

Display has to be simulated so that when other lights have reflection on the displays they actually reflect off the first glass layer of it and the display having an actual depth to it would probably look and feel different and if it was all just a flat surface with traditional texturing IMO, but I'm not an expert so I don't want to get too deep into speculation, I just think there is something there to this and hopefully they research and look into it, if my hunch is correct.

If they do this seriously it will be absolutely amazing when you get up close, I'm absolutely blown away, please it's not cinematic right? (but no I don't want an answer, no, shhh!!!)

But hey even if it is, this is just my thingy, overall it's really low priority ofcourse, I understand, it's just a visual thing at the end of the day, compared to the whole project, so no it wouldn't be a big deal to me personally if the displays aren't simulated to that depth I have in mind.

Edited by Worrazen
  • Like 2

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

10 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Outdated as you quoted a 1+ years old faq. HB themselfs wrote a couple hours ago in the Reddit megathread that AG will come during EA. So at release we will have AG. Question answered 

Do you have a link? I didn't find it on Hoggit.

I quoted Heatblur official FAQ published 5 hours ago, not 1 year old as 1 year ago Heatblur had nothing to do with Eurofighter.

Just now, kseremak said:

Do you have a link? I didn't find it on Hoggit.

I quoted Heatblur official FAQ published 5 hours ago, not 1 year old as 1 year ago Heatblur had nothing to do with Eurofighter.

Yeah I missed the new faq my bad. But HB did a lot of commenting on Reddit and one answer was that they plan AG during EA. 

2 hours ago, Milou said:

There was a negative comment earlier about "flying computer". Although negative, it was also a legitimate point.

Like pretty much everyone else here, I've spent hours and days and weeks in (virtual) Spitfires and Mustangs over the years, so I'm happy to see the advance in flight-tech being made available to us. If the EF brings more of that, fine with me. I'll buy it. 

I like my high-tech, cool MFD, Space Shuttle of Death planes. :smoke:

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

My take is that cool tech can be cool, up to a point and some areas are really not where I'd like any changes, low tolerance of, apart from the "I actually want to fly the airplane", I'd like to keep those analog A-10C gauges, sir, thank you very much 😛

The digital gauges, unless the manufacturer puts their artistic soul into them, mostl likely (will) look very basic and technical/mathematical in nature. Tho I don't know how A-10C's will look like, is that suite even out in real planes yet?

Continuing: That is all fine, it's not a game, it's serious business, it's an indicator, design must take into account that it must be easily identifiable, reliable, and show information in many situations clearly, subjective esthetics are avoided as they could interfere with the operation and these requirements .... that said the old school gauges look far better given my simming-in-unserious-mode requirements haha.

So this is the very unfortunate way this debate could go, DRAMA IN THE CLOUDS, ... if the flying community sort of picks up on the simming community and kinda realized how cooler the old school gauges are, there may be actual real pushback and they may actually do something to the real planes just because the digital indicators look astronomically unappealing. Secretly this is exactly what I want to see happen, the gauges that is, with as less drama as possible 😄 

But are you thinking what I'm thinking ... the possiblity of the simming community literally influencing multi-billion dollar warplane manufacturers to make the digital gauges look less unpleasing, yes, improving the digital gauges, they'll never bring the analog ones back for no good reason.

Is there such a thing like "pilot morale and capability factor gained from feeling cool". Haha. We need a study if some esthetics improve capability, if they have an impact, I do sound jokey, but hey, this could be deep psychology, like a team leader with a bullhorn kind of effect, and there might be something too it.

But seriously, for backup purposes, if a new SUPER WARTHOG really gets made, I'd put the full set of smaller scale analog gauges somewhere off to the side, and I would make the aircraft much bigger so it's more comfortable, with the space there wouldn't be such a need to squeeze everything in.

Edited by Worrazen
  • Like 2

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

On 7/23/2021 at 1:38 AM, bies said:

Exactly. I prefer historical accuracy and realism so I'm waiting for some good explanation. 

But really even ~2006 EF will ba a balancing act between realism and classified documentation important for national security which can't be revealed.

Anyway I look at Meteor missile with a - really big - pinch of salt.

Good luck recreating guidance unit algorithms, classified propulsion modes, ECCM algorithms, active radar modes etc. of a super modern cutting edge technology missile which is just starting to enter service. 🙂

Yes. I'm excited for the Eurofighter. If it will be realistically modeled it's going to be unique and interesting aircraft. Probably day 1 preorder for me. Especially now when HB is guaranteeing it's quality.

But i'm not excited for this whole Meteor missile. German Luftwaffe is upgrading their Typhoons to be capable to use them only in 2021. First we don't have anything in DCS from this timeline to realistically shoot it with this missile. Second, every sane person understand very well it can't be modeled in realistic way. Even it's data or engine can't be disclosed. Let alone the electronic part.

Edited by kseremak
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kseremak said:

Second, every sane person understand very well it can't be modeled in realistic way. Even it's data or engine can't be disclosed. Let alone the electronic part.

This applies the same way for the aim-120, the aim-9x, the r77, and a long list of other weapons in DCS etc etc...

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I dont have a problem including Meteors, its going to be fun fighting with and against It.

But....

EF A/A only version with Meteors-Iris T? 

2006 version retrofitted?

Tranche 2/15 on the scope?

Maybe for Early Access will be enough with Asraam - Amraam. Then maybe an upgrade.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

On 7/23/2021 at 2:29 AM, IronMike said:

This applies the same way for the aim-120, the aim-9x, the r77, and a long list of other weapons in DCS etc etc...

Agree. That's why i always prefer '80s or at most Gulf War Sparrows, Sidewinders, R-60, R-73, R-23/4, R-40, R-27 and so on which can be modeled very close to the real device, with electronics way simpler than an old caclulator, the simplest guidance, mostly declassified, tested in real warfare against real enemy and proved real life effectiveness against different aircrafts in different situations etc.

"the aim-120, the aim-9x, the r77"  will always be guessing and balancing.  (let alone Meteor from 2021)

But your ethics is the best quality mark DCS module can have, i adore all your products, that's why i'm excited for the Eurofighter, go Heatblur!

Edited by kseremak
  • Like 4

German EFs doesnt have Pirate.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

4 minuti fa, Esac_mirmidon ha scritto:

German EFs doesnt have Pirate.

I know but I hope it will be part of future new features integration that go beyond specific German tranche.

Bye

Phant

• Like 2

AMVI

Wow! Excellent strategy! I appreciate the fact True Grit decided to seek help when the complexity became too much for them. Even with the open comms from Heatblur and the wise decisions of TG, the solution is logical. Can’t wait to purchase as always. Judging by how the Tomcat came out, the Typhoon will break some more barriers for DCSW.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

All I can say is... TYPHOOOOOOOOON!!! WOOOOO!!!

Iv'e been waiting for a Typhoon module since 2015. Judging from the trailer, you guys got some serious work done on the exterior model, it looks alot better than the initial pictures that came out awhile ago. That Striker HMD symbology is slick as well, very clean compared to the JHMCS, any chance you guys can show off the cockpit in video format anytime soon? 😉

Edited by Xenovia
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, Geezer66 said:

Does Heatblur/Truegrit have actual documentation on the Eurofighter to simulate it accurately?  I fear DCS moving more towards a fantasy dogfighting game and further away from a simulation.

TrueGrit is a team of former Eurofighter pilots and ground technicians on the Eurofighter, so they probably would have actual documentation

7 hours ago, SPQR PRAETORIAN said:

I get that people have been wanting a phantom for a while now and it would be cool but really ? Personally I think if spamraam'ers give you any problems at all you're the skilless pilot. I LOVE fighting spamraam'ers . Instead of having to evade 1 missile at a time in a back and forth fight I can just easily evade all their missiles at once then go kill the defenseless idiot. It's like taking candy from a baby. 

Eurofighter will be awesome. Will be fun to fly and a good challenge to fight against. Can't wait. 

Don't assume I don't know how to deal with spamraams because I say they are skilless weapons.  

I just find the earlier generation of jet fighters to be far more interesting than the current 4.5 gen of fighters.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Geezer66 said:

Does Heatblur/Truegrit have actual documentation on the Eurofighter to simulate it accurately?  I fear DCS moving more towards a fantasy dogfighting game and further away from a simulation.

The TrueGrit teamlead is a long time Eurofighter instructor pilot himself, so you can be sure they know the real thing :wink:

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm kind of disappointed by the news as this will seriously backtrack potential other HB modules they said were in development, while the EF, being one of the modern top dogs, won't advance DCS in the direction I'd like.

• Like 12

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!