** Announcing DCS: Eurofighter by Heatblur Simulations & TrueGrit!! **

Cobra847

7 hours ago, IronMike said:

Both the guys at TrueGrit and us care deeply about realism, and we will not allow ourselves to do anything that would not fit the track record we have when it comes to accuracy and realism alike. This is one of the reasons why we opted to release it step by step, rather than full blown as our other modules, because we want to make sure that what you get, is accurate. We would rather exclude a system, if not able to recreate it realistically, than to present you with some hocus pocus guess-system. 🙂

Do you guys have any plans on perhaps giving a detailed post on what exactly you guys can/can’t do with the EF? I think some transparency in regards to what you guys can model realistically and what, if anything, has to be “fudged” a bit for security would be nice. I remember reading some comments from a TrueGrit interview that they couldn’t comment much on some flight model stuff for security. Are you guys able to model the EF flight model/FBW fully and realistically or will there have to be some “fudging?” Very excited for the module!!

• Like 3

On 7/24/2021 at 5:52 PM, RG2021 said:

It will also generate (heated) debate to people who think the EF will be “unBaLAncEd”, when being balanced isn’t the aim of DCS, realism is. I’ll also like to say that F-18 pilots will finally have to learn how to dogfight in order to get a kill. XD

No developer, in my opinion, should be concerned about "Unbalancing" issues. When I buy a model, I expect the developer to have done it perfectly, or at the very least to have made an effort so that we can enjoy a realism experience.

The server host is the person who should be concerned with balancing.

• Like 5

I know the pictures we saw last year from the 3d Model it was just a placeholder. This information was very important to me because I saw that the Topology and the normal Maps looked a little off. Do you have a new 3D Model already, and could we see some pictures from it? Would love to see it!

• Like 1

As far as I know, the German Eurofighter Typhoon does not use the IRST/FLIR system known as " PIRATE ". Also, it's operating IRIS-T 
instead of ASRAAM. Moreover, if I recall correctly, the developer stated that they intend to focus on the German version while also working on other versions as liveries. 

So my question is whether we should expect the PIRATE sensor and the ASRAAM missile to be added during the EA stage or later, or whether we should not expect such systems/weapons to be added at all? because we expect full A/A capability in Early Access, and both PIRATE and ASRAAM are major systems in Typhoon's A/A Capability, if not in the German version it's primary weapon/system in the UK, Spain, and Italy, as well as an exported version for Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raviar said:

Can we get the feature list of the typhoon such as Weapons, sensors ... ? 

In due time before the purchase goes live, but not now, unfortunately. We need to clear system by system, and see what and what we cannot do in the end, which is why it is too premature to give you any list at this point. Our apologies for that, but as mentioned in the FAQ, the list of what it will include will be published before you can buy it. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

9 hours ago, IronMike said:

Both the guys at TrueGrit and us care deeply about realism, and we will not allow ourselves to do anything that would not fit the track record we have when it comes to accuracy and realism alike. This is one of the reasons why we opted to release it step by step, rather than full blown as our other modules, because we want to make sure that what you get, is accurate. We would rather exclude a system, if not able to recreate it realistically, than to present you with some hocus pocus guess-system. 🙂

Step by Step Just like ED does on there complex modules.

• Like 1

How much do you expect the price to be?

I'll still buy it no matter what the price is, but I want to put money in an envelope and stock up while I can.

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

12 hours ago, Raviar said:

Can we get the feature list of the typhoon such as Weapons, sensors ... ? 

7 hours ago, Mirage-4000 said:

As far as I know, the German Eurofighter Typhoon does not use the IRST/FLIR system known as " PIRATE ". Also, it's operating IRIS-T 
instead of ASRAAM. Moreover, if I recall correctly, the developer stated that they intend to focus on the German version while also working on other versions as liveries. 

So my question is whether we should expect the PIRATE sensor and the ASRAAM missile to be added during the EA stage or later, or whether we should not expect such systems/weapons to be added at all? because we expect full A/A capability in Early Access, and both PIRATE and ASRAAM are major systems in Typhoon's A/A Capability, if not in the German version it's primary weapon/system in the UK, Spain, and Italy, as well as an exported version for Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

13 hours ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I'll still buy it no matter what the price is, but I want to put money in an envelope and stock up while I can.

It will be reasonably priced in the range of our other modules, without promising anything, and while too early to say, I would guess somewhere between 60 and 90 dollars. Please note: this is not a decision I am making, and for now I am guessing it and nothing more.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Il 25/7/2021 at 15:29, IronMike ha scritto:

We would rather exclude a system, if not able to recreate it realistically, than to present you with some hocus pocus guess-system. 🙂

If it was only air-to-air, still it would worth: this is the right approach!

Now I might start complaining about the black shark 3 third pylon, but this would be off-topic...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IronMike said:

this is not a decision I am making, and for now I am guessing it and nothing more.

Too late. From now on Heatblur and TrueGrit will be held to this set-in-stone promise and guarantee that you just made public.

It's just the way some members of this community roll.

I was about to put a big smiley after the above comments, but the sad truth is that I actually believe that some people will really take that as a promise, and if the final price were to be just a cent above 80 bucks, the result would be a pretty epic display of disagreement, to put it mildly.

While I appreciate what you're saying and thank you for the honesty, I think a much more vague guess would have been smarter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yurgon said:

Too late. From now on Heatblur and TrueGrit will be held to this set-in-stone promise and guarantee that you just made public.

It's just the way some members of this community roll.

I was about to put a big smiley after the above comments, but the sad truth is that I actually believe that some people will really take that as a promise, and if the final price were to be just a cent above 80 bucks, the result would be a pretty epic display of disagreement, to put it mildly.

While I appreciate what you're saying and thank you for the honesty, I think a much more vague guess would have been smarter.

They will simply have to deal with it, as we take them for the adults they are. Plus, I edited it for 90, so everyone can be at ease now, hehe. (but honestly, we want our modules to be affordable, not some overpriced thing...) 🙂

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

1 hour ago, Yurgon said:

As far as I remember, HB have always tried to play with open cards when they could, and when they couldn't they were open about why they couldn't. And most importantly, so far they usually deliver on the big bullet points they claim. If someone wants to create drama, they will create it out of thin air anyway, so not playing the stupid game is the right move. Cater to your audience, and I think HB is doing the right thing addressing the adults and dismissing drama queens.

• Like 5

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

Looks like trailer is live again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

22 hours ago, Admiral_ZIPANGU said:

I don't think an exact number went out, but True Grit did mention that it would be in the same ballpark as the other modern modules. I'd be shocked if it's a penny less than Tomcat/Hornet/Viper/Thunder/Warthog(!), so you've got to get at least $80 in your piggy bank 😉

And speaking of helicopters, I'm kinda thinkin' that'll be what Apache comes out at, as well.

I'm sure you have time, too. Even though it's been in-dev for a year-ish, Typhoon is gonna take "awhile"...

Edited by UrgentSiesta
answered before I saw HB's reply

On 7/22/2021 at 7:16 PM, Esac_mirmidon said:

The thing is a Tranche 1 Block 5 only Air to Air EF cant have meteors. Thats for Tranche 2 block 15, and that version has almost full A-G complement. I cant figure out how an only A-A EF can have meteors but not AG capability. Thats a non existant Tranche/Block

So a German EF only Air to Air version no PIrate can be only Tranche 1 Block 5 Asraam/Amraam  ( below C version ) That´s all.

i recall that Truegrit before teaming with heatblur said they would do other nations EF's at some point.

a Uk tranche 1 block 5 does have some degree of A/G capability. IIRC it was general purpose bombs and laser guided. Its only the Luftwaffe version that was a2a only

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

12 hours ago, IronMike said:

They will simply have to deal with it, as we take them for the adults they are. Plus, I edited it for 90, so everyone can be at ease now, hehe. (but honestly, we want our modules to be affordable, not some overpriced thing...) 🙂

I don't care, its a INSTABUY in Day one.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

6 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

@IronMike Was wondering, have you thought about merging your subforums? To avoid people posting about the EF all over the place 🙂

Yeah, Eurofighter topics being split across the subforums is getting really painful to work with.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

13 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

@IronMike Was wondering, have you thought about merging your subforums? To avoid people posting about the EF all over the place 🙂

Of course, this will happen soon. 🙂

• Like 7

Heatblur Simulations