** Announcing DCS: Eurofighter by Heatblur Simulations & TrueGrit!! **

Cobra847

They will simply have to deal with it, as we take them for the adults they are. Plus, I edited it for 90, so everyone can be at ease now, hehe. (but honestly, we want our modules to be affordable, not some overpriced thing...)

Ah shucks. I guess the higher-ups have no desire to go to space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

23 hours ago, MRTX said:

Hopefully the METEOR will be implemented with datalink in mind. Otherwise it would probably turn out just to be a glorified AMRAAM with more range and velocity.

So, the thing about Meteor is that it does not have increased speed, nor arbitrarily increased range.  What it has is a throttle-able ram-rocket motor that can burn are nearly the whole time the onboard power is being supplied (call it three minutes for sake of discussion).  So while an AIM-120C motor burns for ~8 seconds the Meteor has a boost phase for ~2s then ~20s of "max" thrust available but it also has a temperature restriction on the radome.  It is only built for so much heat for so much time.  At lower altitudes "max" thrust from the sustainer is needed and critical Q won't be reached.  It has a lot more drag than a clipped fin -120.  At higher altitudes the Meteor will climb at max speed, pulling back throttle as it goes, until it reaches the altitude at which max speed and min throttle meet (hint, this is going to be a lower altitude than a lofted AIM-120"D"/Phoenix when fired from 50,000ft).  It will then sit here like this until it starts to dive on the target.  So, given a high altitude launch, if the AIM-120 can get high enough it can hold ~4.0M in the ballistic path for a long time and will out-stick the Meteor, but under most normal launch altitudes (20,000-40,000ft) the Meteor will sustain a higher speed than the AIM-120 after a fairly short time and thus get farther on the same "battery power"

• Like 2

16 hours ago, toni said:

Hope you guys will focus on platforms like the F-4J, E-2C, A-4C  after completing the EF2000 .

There will be two still unkown aircraft modules from Heatblur BEFORE the Eurofighter.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

being british i LOVE the typhoon and will deffinately get it. the cat will always be my favourite though. 
will there be a section for typhoon like there is with cat and viggen?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

1 hour ago, eatthis said:

being british i LOVE the typhoon and will deffinately get it. the cat will always be my favourite though. 
will there be a section for typhoon like there is with cat and viggen?

There already is such a section for over a year: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/613-dcs-eurofighter/

It exists since the Eurofighter was officially announced in March last year:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

@IronMike  One question.... the comment Heatblur made in the past about the "next" module would benefit from the work done with the Viggen and Tomcat experience ( A-G radar, Multicrew, Variable sweep wings) is supposed to be the Eurofighter ?

Because, to me (maybe I missed something) the Eurofighter has none of those peculiarities...maybe only the A-G radar...

Just to understand if that comment was related to this module or not.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Swiso said:

Just to understand if that comment was related to this module or not.

There are two future modules not yet revealed so what do you think?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 7/23/2021 at 1:16 AM, Esac_mirmidon said:

The thing is a Tranche 1 Block 5 only Air to Air EF cant have meteors. Thats for Tranche 2 block 15, and that version has almost full A-G complement. I cant figure out how an only A-A EF can have meteors but not AG capability. Thats a non existant Tranche/Block

So a German EF only Air to Air version no PIrate can be only Tranche 1 Block 5 Asraam/Amraam  ( below C version ) That´s all.

They used the EF-2000 with Serial: 30+45 in the trailer ( Link to serial number in announcement trailer ) and according to a facebook post I found ( link to facebook post ) that is a Tranche 2 (serialnumbers:  98+07, 30+45 to 31+22 are tranche 2) so it might be a Tranche 2 we are getting. 

• Like 4

Agree but Tranche 2 are A-G capable. Thats why i think HB is taking some kind of excessive care not confirming AG stuff. 

It should come as a normal evolution of the EF sooner or later. Thats why i preffer a Tranche 1 only AA first no Meteor at Early Access and only when HB is sure they can model a 2/15 EF, introduce the Meteor and the AG complement.

AA only EF makes no sense with Meteors.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hey everyone, the forum organisation should change shortly- sorry for the delay.

As for the tranche/version topic, it's a rather complex and deep issue- and I urge you all to go back and read Gero's statements on this point in particular made in the past. Those objectives in this project have not changed. 

There are different ways of wording what we're executing, but a specific one would be to say that it's an amalgamation. Service Eurofighters are frequently, rather chaotic, partial upgrades and evolutions, and we are leaning on this fact in order to strike a balance between three important pillars of a DCS aircraft: content (how much do you get for your money?), usability (how relevant and fun to use is this in a simulator/DCS World?) and feasibility (can we do this and make sure it's realistic with the data available?). 

Viewed through this lens, we're not shy to note that our Eurofighter is unlikely to match any real example you could point to, specifically. That isn't by itself unrealistic - again referencing how haphazard the real fleet can be - but we do feel that it is the right balance between the important pillars listed above. It's important to stress the fact that everything we do create and implement will be as realistic as we can possibly make it. This drives the final feature set, more than any specific tranche or serial. There will be no egregiously unrealistic or fantasy Eurofighter- but there will be liberties taken with ensuring that we can do what is possible, and ensure the most rich feature set in such a modern high fidelity module.

Hope the above makes some sense. 🙂

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 12

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

For me its ok.

I can figure out versions of the EF with Meteors but no AG with no real Tranche Version counterpart, just as something that is posible but not "real".

Content, usability, feasibility are good arguments.

Good luck with the Real Operational Police Department.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

11 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

For me its ok.

I can figure out versions of the EF with Meteors but no AG with no real Tranche Version counterpart, just as something that is posible but not "real".

Content, usability, feasibility are good arguments.

Good luck with the Real Operational Police Department.

I'd make one note and say that the lack of A-G at release is more of a pragmatic choice to get a product out to you all in a reasonable timeframe (both from a financial and annoyance standpoint 😄 ) - rather than one rooted entirely in aircraft software/knowledge. Hope that makes sense!

• Like 14

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

9 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

I'd make one note and say that the lack of A-G at release is more of a pragmatic choice to get a product out to you all in a reasonable timeframe (both from a financial and annoyance standpoint 😄 ) - rather than one rooted entirely in aircraft software/knowledge. Hope that makes sense!

You guys are talking about minimum releasable state, something some of the other 3PDs could learn in that regard.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

I guess that statement would be equally true for the real aircraft. 😇

• Like 1

Other EA modules have been developed quite similarly. The Hornet or Viper aim at certain version but before finished they don't represent a real version neither.

As long as the result in the end is not a total fantasy Eurofighter (like Cobra said) it's ok for me.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 1

Agreed. Considering how diverse the fleets are, an EF that is not identical to a specific IRL jet, but feasible from a technology standpoint (in the sense that the feature in question is actually in use) is a good way to go.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Maybe two versions like in case of the F-14.

One early German Air-to-Air Eurofighter around 2006 like the developer flown himself in Luftwaffe, as realistic as possible, with minimal amound of "unrealistic and cut out" stuff, correct timeline to make realistic scenarios together with current 2006 F-16 and F/A-18

Second 2021 with Meteor missile and different "shaddy stuff" modeled more "freely"

It would be a shame if, at one point, we will have fairly realistic Eurofighter around 2004-2006 timeline, compatible timeline with Hornet and Viper, really close to the real aircraft, but after some time we would "lose" it when it evolve in the second version and we would have ONLY this newer 2021 version and the 2006 would be lost. Two variants, with one being restricted to 2006 stuff and other evolved would be the best of two worlds.

Edited by kseremak
  • Like 5

Heatblur doesn't do "modeled more freely". Everything will be as realistic as possible. I'd expect the module to provide an accurate representation of a possible config in mid-2000s, even if it doesn't match any particular plane. Beyond that, who knows?

I agree, though, that if it ever gets upgraded to a newer tranche, the old variant should remain. I wish RAZBAM had done that with the Harrier.

• Like 4

I like the approach. It is a bit similar to what ED did with the A-10C Warthog.

They couldn't simulate a modern SniperATP, so they "retrograded" to the 1999 Litening II that was used on the A-10C before, instead of not modeling any TGP at all.

I am particularly happy about the concept to rather mix older and newer systems from maybe even different aircraft, instead of "creative interpretation" of the airframe built No. correct system they are not allowed to model in detail.

Great way to go and balance capabilities with classified stuff and concerns. 

• Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Am 29.7.2021 um 08:57 schrieb QuiGon:

There will be two still unkown aircraft modules from Heatblur BEFORE the Eurofighter.

So you think the True Grit Team will cease work on the Eurofighter and twiddle thumbs until Heatblur's two unknown Modules are released?

I doubt that.

It's more likely to be developed in parallel by the True Grit Team, but with access to code, experience and support from Heatblur. It is a Joint Venture, not a Take-Over... At least to my understanding.

So my guess is we see the Eurofighter progress in parallel with other modules from Heatblur, much like most companies develop different products or product versions in parallel, rather than in sequence.

• Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

2 hours ago, shagrat said:

They couldn't simulate a modern SniperATP, so they "retrograded" to the 1999 Litening II that was used on the A-10C before, instead of not modeling any TGP at all.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's just because LITENING was already made and Sniper was not. It's supposedly in plans for the Viper, so I'd say it's not that they can't model it. There's nothing preventing the real A-10 from using the old TGP today, not that there'd be any reason to pick it over the Sniper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shagrat said:

So you think the True Grit Team will cease work on the Eurofighter and twiddle thumbs until Heatblur's two unknown Modules are released?

I doubt that.

I doubt that too. Have I said anything to the contrary? :huh:

I just said, that Heatblur plans to release two other modules before the Eurofighter.

I did not say that TrueGrit will stop all their work meanwhile, nor did I say that even Heatblur won't work on these aircraft in parallel...

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Tornado3 small.jpg