** Announcing DCS: Eurofighter by Heatblur Simulations & TrueGrit!! **

Cobra847

• 2 months later...
Zitat

The update also mentions that the Typhoon is on the roadmap for a release sometime after the F-4 Phantom which Heatblur have recently been emphasizing is really truly coming this year. Either way, I’m excited to see what both team’s are able to show off when this does come to our computers.

Bequiet Dark Power Pro P11 850Watt, MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon WiFi
Core i7 11700K@4,9Ghz all Core OC ["stable"], 64GB (2*32) Corsair Vageance 3200 CL16
AMD Radeon RX6900XT Referenz, HP Reverb 1
WD850X 2TB SSD für SIM und 1TB Firecuda 520 für OS
Virpil CM2 Base, Virpil WRB Rudder Pedals, Saitek X55 Throttle, Honeycomb Bravo, Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke

• 6 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 6:11 PM, Cobra847 said:

In this particular project; Heatblur is shouldering practically 100%, or at least very close to it, in active engineering and programming burden. 🙂 We will clarify more on this as we go! This is a wonderful, symbiotic partnership in many ways, but the Heatblur team will indeed be the primary developer of the Eurofighter's codebase.

The timeline and how we are currently applying resources towards each project is a little complex and I can't clarify further until we've fully announced our coming roadmap. That said, we expect the A-6 to arrive after the A2A Eurofighter. 

From a later reply, I know the a-6 module is coming soon after the A2A EF, but as you said, the a-6 ai is coming much earlier. Does this mean that the ai a-6 is coming sooner than we expected or that the EF is still a long time away? 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just so excited and I'm looking at every single thing that is relateed to the DCS EF.

• Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Cunning_Raven:

From a later reply, I know the a-6 module is coming soon after the A2A EF, but as you said, the a-6 ai is coming much earlier. Does this mean that the ai a-6 is coming sooner than we expected or that the EF is still a long time away? 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just so excited and I'm looking at every single thing that is relateed to the DCS EF.

there was a podcast (German) with Gero from true grid at cruiselevel.de in 2021 before headblur got on board. the statement was the Eurofighter comes after the F4 Phantom and the F4 Phantom is planned Q4/22. since ed always gives a big news update 6 months before the release and the phantom is not included there, I suspect that the phantom will only be available in spring and the Eurofighter will probably be much later 😔

Core i7 11700K@4,9Ghz all Core OC ["stable"], 64GB (2*32) Corsair Vageance 3200 CL16
Virpil CM2 Base, Virpil WRB Rudder Pedals, Saitek X55 Throttle, Honeycomb Bravo, Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke

19 hours ago, onlinetk said:

there was a podcast (German) with Gero from true grid at cruiselevel.de in 2021 before headblur got on board. the statement was the Eurofighter comes after the F4 Phantom and the F4 Phantom is planned Q4/22. since ed always gives a big news update 6 months before the release and the phantom is not included there, I suspect that the phantom will only be available in spring and the Eurofighter will probably be much later 😔

ED's announcements regarding most modules may not be totally applicable here. HB in general seems to be pretty hush hush, especially when it comes to new modules. We may not get any real information until a month or two before release in the F-4's case. There's also the MB 339 which hasn't gotten an official release date, aside from dropping with 2.8, which I doubt is 6+ months away. 

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

• 2 weeks later...
Am 22.10.2022 um 04:31 schrieb RevampedGrunt:

There's also the MB 339 which hasn't gotten an official release date, aside from dropping with 2.8, which I doubt is 6+ months away. 

Yeah, it just happened^^

Edited by CreepyLP

• 9 months later...
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Jee:

any update on this? 

I'm following the whole thing very closely, but heatblur hasn't released any updates on it. Here in Germany there is a very well networked podcast for flight simulation, the guys wanted to invite true grid or heatblur to talk about the Eurofighter again (Gero Klinger was already in the podcast in 2021), but nothing happened there either. but they mentioned again two weeks ago that they finally want to get the developers back on the Eurofighter topic in the postcast

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, onlinetk said:

I'm following the whole thing very closely, but heatblur hasn't released any updates on it. Here in Germany there is a very well networked podcast for flight simulation, the guys wanted to invite true grid or heatblur to talk about the Eurofighter again (Gero Klinger was already in the podcast in 2021), but nothing happened there either. but they mentioned again two weeks ago that they finally want to get the developers back on the Eurofighter topic in the postcast

Has some updates about the EF on 2022. Check the propper EF module forum section.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Silver_Dragon:

Has some updates about the EF on 2022. Check the propper EF module forum section.

Yes, I already knew it, but it is now 1.5 years old. are also only a few pictures, nothing more and no information about what is done and what is finished. so no current info on that

• Like 1

let’s just hope they haven’t paused the development while working on the F4. and that this whole time it’s been actively worked on. I wonder how ED will balance everything else with the meteor missiles

17 hours ago, onlinetk said:

Yes, I already knew it, but it is now 1.5 years old. are also only a few pictures, nothing more and no information about what is done and what is finished. so no current info on that

True Grit and Heatblur continue working on EF, we need time to build a Gen 4.5 fighter, and dont expected a "release date" yet.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Silver_Dragon:

True Grit and Heatblur continue working on EF, we need time to build a Gen 4.5 fighter, and dont expected a "release date" yet.

You wrote "WE" need time to develop. can one interpret that you are involved in the development? otherwise the sentence would be correct: heat blur / they need time.

I am aware that it takes time, and nobody asks for a release date. the only question is "where is the module?" does it still need 1 year, or is 2 years not enough? Heatblur once said the Eurofighter is coming right after the Phantom, now the Phantom says heatblur is on the home straight (a year late). now the question is how far will that be "immediately" after the F4 in time? It sounds like 3-6 months to me, but due to the lack of updates to the Eurofighter, I suspect that it will take another 2 years. If that's the case, then of course that's okay

• Like 4

15 hours ago, onlinetk said:

You wrote "WE" need time to develop. can one interpret that you are involved in the development?

No, he just refuses to learn english.

HB works actively on all their products but for the release date choose the worst pessimistic one and add a realistic year or two.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv-afrRNQuD/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

21 hours ago, Jee said:

I wonder how ED will balance everything else with the meteor missiles

They won't. Balance is the mission creator choice.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

vor 5 Stunden schrieb draconus:

No, he just refuses to learn english.

😂 okay, I'm not good at English either, I use a translator, but I still remember the difference between "they" and "we" from my elementary school days

vor 5 Stunden schrieb draconus:

HB works actively on all their products but for the release date choose the worst pessimistic one and add a realistic year or two.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv-afrRNQuD/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

I don't have an Instagram account, so I only see the first pictures/posts.  however, I didn't know the title trailer with the f4 and the Eurofighter.  thanks for that. 

Do I understand your post correctly that it is somewhere on Instagram when the EF and the F4 should appear/should have appeared at the latest?  So you could subtract 1-2 years from the date and have the earliest date if the development is super fast?  do you happen to have the date/period?  I do not find it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, onlinetk said:

Do I understand your post correctly that it is somewhere on Instagram when the EF and the F4 should appear/should have appeared at the latest?  So you could subtract 1-2 years from the date and have the earliest date if the development is super fast?  do you happen to have the date/period?  I do not find it

The link is just for hype - the recent video they made for HB fans. And I meant that nobody should expect the Eurofighter to come in less than 2-3 years. There are no release dates and there won't be.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 8/16/2023 at 3:24 PM, onlinetk said:

I'm not good at English either

There are people here on the forum who make the same spelling, grammar and basic sentence construction mistakes than they did years and years ago. So that's why at the very least it seems that they refuse to better themselves. That being said, it's also up to us to not take anything they say literally - exactly for that reason.

• Like 4
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

59 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

There are people here on the forum who make the same spelling, grammar and basic sentence construction mistakes than they did years and years ago. So that's why at the very least it seems that they refuse to better themselves. That being said, it's also up to us to not take anything they say literally - exactly for that reason.

At the risk of sounding snarky, which isn't the intent, how many languages do you speak, and which of your non-native languages do you use daily in your school/work environments?  Just curious is all.

10 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

how many languages do you speak

4, with very limited knowledge of 2 or 3 more.

11 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

which of your non-native languages do you use daily in your school/work environments?

None

• Like 5
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 4 months later...
Hey guys, I would love to receive any news or comments about the development of Eurofighter for DCS by heatblur... Should we expect a early acess anytime by 2024?

This is very unlikely. Nick Grey, the CEO of Eagle Dynamics, told in a interview that the development of the Eurofighter is pushed back and the Eurofighter comes after the F-4E Phantom. The EF is a massive task and will be the most advanced project by now. I personally don‘t believe we will see the EF before 2026, but that is just my guess.
  • Like 2