A HUGE LEAP for EF2000!But consider UK version?

nthere

UK variant poll  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect an UK version(with pirate,AMK air kit,some new AG ablity)?

• Yes,and i can accpet a higher price(less than 25%)
    • No, i think it is hard to make or unrealistic
    • Not sure,it depends on HB's progress

How does it matter apart from the asraam?

The other systems are the same, if anything I think the German version is better as it had pirate (could be wrong)

If talking of A2G then for sure the uk version might be more evolved although I think Germany also have paveway IV laser/gps bombs.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, falcon_120 said:

if anything I think the German version is better as it had pirate (could be wrong)

The German Typhoons are the only ones that do not have Pirate (other than one test bird) 😛

If you guys looked at TrueGrit's posts over the last 12 months on this project, Gero plans to do the German typhoon first, HOWEVER. He has stated that after it nears completion they will try to add skins and weapons such as the AIM-132 ASRAAM if possible so players can enjoy the typhoon as a qausi British Typhoon as well. 

• Like 1

PIRATE would be, by far, the biggest elephant in the room in non-German version. Increasing EF potential by a big margin. It is nothing like Cold War IRST like F-106, MiG-29, Su-27 or F-14.

It's a very powerful FLIR/IR device, probably as complicated to code as a radar itself and possibly even more, detecting and tracking dozens of targets at once, able to determine an aircraft by the air friction etc.

And since Gero has access to German military variant without the PIRATE, it would probably have to be "made up" in completely unrealistic way without using data. Hard to tell such thing still could be named a "simulation".

It's always better to stick to the variant the can make in a reasonable realistic way.

Edited by bies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything depends on available public data. 

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

6 hours ago, bies said:

PIRATE would be, by far, the biggest elephant in the room in non-German version. Increasing EF potential by a big margin. It is nothing like Cold War IRST like F-106, MiG-29, Su-27 or F-14.

It's a very powerful FLIR/IR device, probably as complicated to code as a radar itself and possibly even more, detecting and tracking dozens of targets at once, able to determine an aircraft by the air friction etc.

And since Gero has access to German military variant without the PIRATE, it would probably have to be "made up" in completely unrealistic way without using data. Hard to tell such thing still could be named a "simulation".

It's always better to stick to the variant the can make in a reasonable realistic way.

It's not that the info is not available to germany. The PIRATE was as much a german developed technology as the rest of the bird.

The GAF just did not buy it (which really is a pitty, but germany also buy an attack helo without a gun...)

I can just say as an example, we are testing the PIRATE as well, as much as the other stuff.

The spanish guys have it as well, and the german developer is working closely together with the spanish.

• Like 2

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Spanish ones have also the PIRATE. 

Be aware that of you want to simulate the british version you will get no gun...

Spanish version also cool...let's see...

They said to be focused on Tranche1, i hope then in the block5...

Edited by Spartan111sqn
  • Like 1

I'm sure German military has its parameters. But one thing is what German military has in their document shelf another is what can be disclosed to public.

If this system is declassified let's do it, I'm all in, I'm sure it very powerful.

But it's always better to stick to what can be model reasonably realistically than to made up something in a fantasy way without data. Because that's what differs DCS, and make it a simulation, from toy sims like WT or AC7.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

Be aware that of you want to simulate the british version you will get no gun...

Why do you think the British version has no gun? A quick Google gave me the RAF website which says it has a 27mm Mauser cannon and a further result showing the cannon being used in Syria in 2016.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

It was debated as the doctrine at the time suggested that it would not be required in future combat however the RAF Typhoons do have a gun, whether they have loaded ammunition in it is another debate but that doesn't quantify it being disabled.

Edited by Dima89

IIRC it was due to the aircraft's CoG being affected by the gun, and it would be more hassle to make ballast that fits in the same place, than to just keep the gun installed.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

18 hours ago, nthere said:

I want to listen your opinion

TrueGrit has already stated, that they want to do other country variants of the Eurofighter as well, but they will start with the German one and then will see what else is possible.

From the official FAQ:

On 3/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, DashTrueGrit said:

Will the Eurofighter Typhoon include HMD, A/G, Iris-T, Meteor, Pirate, DVI, ASRAAM, LGB, ECR, JDAM, HARM, Lightning POD, AESA Radar?

We are working hard to include all capabilities of all different Typhoon nations. However, please keep in mind that there is a limit to what we can display with only using publicly available data. Therefore I hope you understand, that all questions concerning the specific capabilities can't be answered at this point.

So your poll is a bit pointless IMHO...

16 hours ago, TLTeo said:

The German Typhoons are the only ones that do not have Pirate (other than one test bird) 😛

The Austrian Eurofighters don't have Pirate either :wink:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

55 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

The Austrian Eurofighters don't have Pirate either

Uh interesting, did it get removed or something? I thought those were former Italian Tranche 1s, and the AMI jets do have Pirate.

2 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Uh interesting, did it get removed or something? I thought those were former Italian Tranche 1s, and the AMI jets do have Pirate.

The Austrian Tiffys are T1 Jets that were initially part of the German order, to compensate Germany ordered more T2 IIRC

• Like 1

8 hours ago, QuiGon said:

TrueGrit has already stated, that they want to do other country variants of the Eurofighter as well, but they will start with the German one and then will see what else is possible.

From the official FAQ:

So your poll is a bit pointless IMHO...

The Austrian Eurofighters don't have Pirate either :wink:

Well yesterdays post basically contradicts this.

"Q:Are you planning on expanding the module with more variants in the future?

A: For the time being we are planning on simulating the German version only. However, the Eurofighter is a truly multinational airplane, and we will try to bring this across as much as we can through liveries, campaigns and other content!"

Edited by mattebubben
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mattebubben said:

A: For the time being we are planning on simulating the German version only. However, the Eurofighter is a truly multinational airplane, and we will try to bring this across as much as we can through liveries, campaigns and other content!"

TbF, that's a good way to go. If you try to do too much at once, you end up in the same situation that got us here in the first place

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mattebubben said:

I don't see a contradiction there. That's what TrueGrit said as well months ago, that they will start with a German version and then continue from there.

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 7/23/2021 at 11:32 AM, bies said:

Gero said in the interview British was debating about removing the gun, but finally they decided not to remove it and all Eurofighters have internal gun.

According to Gero not as effective in A/A engagement as multi barrel Vulcan though.

I believe it was the initial Tranche that did not have the cannon installed, reason being it was undecided if it would actually need it (shades of the F-4?), but it was installed thus and is routinely used. The cannon location being the slightly bulged fairing in the stbd wing root, which is usually capped with a frangible plate that covers the cannon muzzle, but which is destroyed upon the first round passing through it.

As for the mk.27 efficiency, it is a variant of the cannon that was installed in Tornado, and although it doesn’t have the rate of fire of Vulcan, the WEIGHT of fire is much more. Vulcan needs at least a half second to spin up to max fire rate, Mauser is instantaneous.
In a 1 second burst of fire, Vulcan can spew just under 4KG of shell outward (bear in mind it still requires about a half second to get up to speed).

Mauser can spew around 8KG of shell outward, and fire rate is instant.

Weight of fire would be the knock down factor here.

Edited by G.J.S

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.