UK Taxes & Fees

McG

My TM Warthog grip needs a new CMS and Trim switch. TM have quoted me nearly £100 for them including shipping. 

This has got me thinking about upgrading my base as well. 

Has anyone recently ordered a Warbrd and grip for delivery to the UK? 

Did you get charged import fees and if so how much? 

Check over on the Virpil site forums where there is some discussion about that.  I believe most said 20% VAT (+ whatever the courier might charge to collect it) but that's it.

And it's very worthwhile to replace the WH base with the WarBrd.

Edited by rob10

Yes you get charged import duty proportional to the value, on a 620 euro order I was charged another 120 gbp tax/fees.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 7/23/2021 at 1:52 AM, rob10 said:

Check over on the Virpil site forums where there is some discussion about that.  I believe most said 20% VAT (+ whatever the courier might charge to collect it) but that's it.

That is correct. The ‘import duty’ is simply VAT, and there is a small courier fee as well. 
Sometimes, you get away with being charged at all, but not often!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I believe that customs handling is waived if under GBP135 from the EU. I know that since the UK / Japan free trade deal, duty is not being charged on baskets under that GBP135 hurdle from stuff coming from Japan, as I recently tried it.

(Buying one of these beauties)

Tamiya F-4B Phantom

Edited by Milou

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]