Hide Menu / AI Petrovich Panel Not Showing Up

crimson66

As the title says, I have rebound my keys, however the Petrovich AI panel is no longer showing up the '3d' projection three pronged thing when I press the Hide Menu button, which used to hide and show. Am I missing a different binding somewhere? I cannot find anything after 30 minutes of digging.

___

*EDIT*

I see now finally that it is listed under HELPER AI MENU.

Yet the old binding menu that does nothing is still left in. Very confusing at first.

Edited by crimson66

Just the keybind decisions for this aircraft as a whole defy any sort of common sense.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I heavily agree with this post.  The lack of proper keybinds is absolutely disturbing.  This seems to be a relatively common trend in recent years for DCS modules, I suppose they treat them as being low priority with the idea being that players will just use their mouse.  

I have a slew of peripheral usb devices specifically so I don't have to interact with the game via my mouse.  Why can't we select specific weapons on the rotary using anything but the keyboard?  Why am I required to click on the systems for engine start when I have totally unused cougar MFDs?  

It's absurd.  There are other DCS modules that have been on the shelf longer that are still lacking keybind options as well, looking at you MiG-19P.  It's so bad that there's people who just edit them in and pass them along to others.  This is honestly embarrassing at this point to me, basic interactivity should be a higher development priority. 

I'd rather have unfinished 3d models than unfinished keybindings.

• Like 1

Please explain how to fix the select weapons system with the controls being unselectable then, because the select weapon commands that use the Lalt + # key combos can't be assigned to any of my controls other than the keyboard.   The current setup only allows me to bind rotate the weapon select knob left and right.

1e051bbff38d8a3df456e623be127d95.png