Mi-24P - and VAICOM - does it work for you?

hreich

I am trying to fly Mi-24p and use Vaicom but i have a mixed results...Although i selecte easy radio comm off in DCS, when i lanch VAICOM it says 

image.png

these are my settings - it should have been off

image.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

First off the programs not setup bud for the Hind the key binding wont be any where near the same for as Rio.     

You be best to just make a Voice attack Profile to use which not very difficult truth be Told if I wasn't such a lazy fk sometimes lol I would have made mine also over buying all the Vaicom addons.    

If I end up making a Profile myself Ill post it up,  one thing you don't see a lot of are Profiles for a lot of Sim Gear.

Wish ya the best of luck with this I myself need to reset all my key binding for every Modal in the game, Yes I own all the Modals but like 4-5 they are the Trainer planes/jets, Dora 190a8  and K-50.    

Again good luck sir with your project!

Edited by Gumbie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm glad I found this thread! I was having problems over the weekend, can't seem to get things working at all. I would have though that the single transmit button would just work whatever radio was selected, but on occasion I press transmit and it pings back to the 863 (if I wasn't trying to use that). Also had no answers or transmit message come up when using the 863. Anyone got any workarounds or info on updates?

My VAICOM ain't working in the Hind either.

(very strange things happening that I can't explain, but in the end it just doesn't work properly)

I can't even bring up the kneeboard although I own the VAICOM Kneeboard extension:

When I say kneeboard, I hear the recognition beep, but nothing happens.

Then, when I press the radio switch on my cyclic stick (RALT+\), the kneeboard suddenly pops up..... 🙄

Is there anyone, not having issues with VAICOM in the Hind?

Edit:

oh, and fwiw, VAICOM is correctly functioning on all my other modules. It's just the Hind that seems completely messed up..

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

As of the last update, and as mentioned by me as of 20/09/2021.

It Works now lads!

What is next?

How do I get Pet talking to me, hunting for me and firing guided missiles by my almighty words alone?

How do I utilise this fabulous vaicom app?

Do I need to programme it in Voice attack?

Will ED do it and "Vaicom actual" release a paid upgrade? 

What do I do now?

Do I wait or do I start working?

True noob to Vaicom... just in case you did not notice.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, and it is is a shame. This program was good in the past.. but little by little is becoming something near "abandonware" with sometimes very minor updates that even don't work (for example last one of the Apache). I would recomend it to all my friends in the past. Now I don't do it. 

As said.. a shame.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, Japo32 said:

No, and it is is a shame. This program was good in the past.. but little by little is becoming something near "abandonware" with sometimes very minor updates that even don't work (for example last one of the Apache). I would recomend it to all my friends in the past. Now I don't do it. 

As said.. a shame.

Yeah I was just trying to fly some Hornet campaign missions, trying to call the Carrier and it's calling a Khusab or some land base. Was definitely the right frequency because doing it via the F-menu with the mouse worked.

Trying to get it to work with the A-4 module for ages no luck, even with import new modules ticked, and single radio mode or all the modes really. Then alot of the time it doesn't recognise even when fully trained, maybe my Australian accent.

Raised a couple of issues on discord but doesn't seem to be any interest.

In the end it's actually killing immersion and turning each flight into a tweaking/debugging session, when the goal in the first place was to increase immersion. I've gone back to regular radio keybinds and the mouse, way less to worry about and much more immersive.

• Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 4/5/2022 at 12:41 PM, DanDegen said:

Yeah I was just trying to fly some Hornet campaign missions, trying to call the Carrier and it's calling a Khusab or some land base. Was definitely the right frequency because doing it via the F-menu with the mouse worked.

Trying to get it to work with the A-4 module for ages no luck, even with import new modules ticked, and single radio mode or all the modes really. Then alot of the time it doesn't recognise even when fully trained, maybe my Australian accent.

Raised a couple of issues on discord but doesn't seem to be any interest.

In the end it's actually killing immersion and turning each flight into a tweaking/debugging session, when the goal in the first place was to increase immersion. I've gone back to regular radio keybinds and the mouse, way less to worry about and much more immersive.

The free community A-4E-C module will probably never be supported, like the free UH-60L, and that's the prerogative of the developer. They do work with Easy Comms on though.
But I agree, all paid modules should work within a couple of weeks of release, and fixed in two weeks if a DCS update knocks them out. Which updates actually often do, like with any 3rd party dev. DCS works like this for better or worse. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm starting to wish that there was an annual maintenance fee... For both...

Cheers!

I have to say I.may add to the list of ex-viacoms users. For several reasons which are mostly unavoidable and not due to any fault or lack of updating. I would still like to use voiceattack and perhaps have a simple control of the F keys and the bindings for "hornet ball" and "ready pre-contact" also prob petrovich which is how I use him now. What's the best way of removing the Viacom profile altogether so I can create my own (simple) one. 

34 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

I have to say I.may add to the list of ex-viacoms users. For several reasons which are mostly unavoidable and not due to any fault or lack of updating. I would still like to use voiceattack and perhaps have a simple control of the F keys and the bindings for "hornet ball" and "ready pre-contact" also prob petrovich which is how I use him now. What's the best way of removing the Viacom profile altogether so I can create my own (simple) one. 

Why would you remove it?
Just choose another profile. I do that all the time when tinkering with other stuff.

I'm not gonna remove my BMS profile for playing DCS, ARMA or Elite Dangerous.
They want interfere, VAICOM is a plugin, it doesn't use keybinds, Voice Attack does.

Anyway, to remove it.

image.png

To disable the plugin.

image.png

To completely wipe VAICOM from your system. Do steps above. And delete the folder in VoiceAttack. (And remove the regkeys in the registry. Not necessary). 
Hope you return.
God speed! 😉

image.png

Edited by MAXsenna

51 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Why would you remove it?
Just choose another profile. I do that all the time when tinkering with other stuff.

I'm not gonna remove my BMS profile for playing DCS, ARMA or Elite Dangerous.
They want interfere, VAICOM is a plugin, it doesn't use keybinds, Voice Attack does.

Anyway, to remove it.

image.png

To disable the plugin.

image.png

To completely wipe VAICOM from your system. Do steps above. And delete the folder in VoiceAttack. (And remove the regkeys in the registry. Not necessary). 
Hope you return.
God speed! 😉

image.png

Thanks for that. Yes I will just make a second profile for now. I do like Viacom but as I dont use AI wingman and sporadic use of ATC I do only use a small bit of it. It is incompatible with many of the special F menu options on servers unless you use the options command, which doesn't always work for me. Its also not straightforward to use with SRS and I haven't even tried the voicechat yet. I think a simpler alternative might be better suited to my use. I am sure it won't be as immersive as the good bits of Viacom though!

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Yes I will just make a second profile for now. I do like Viacom but as I dont use AI wingman and sporadic use of ATC I do only use a small bit of it. It is incompatible with many of the special F menu options on servers unless you use the options command, which doesn't always work for me. Its also not straightforward to use with SRS and I haven't even tried the voicechat yet. I think a simpler alternative might be better suited to my use. I am sure it won't be as immersive as the good bits of Viacom though!
Ah, yeah. That makes sense. I don't really do MP myself.
Of course it cannot "know" every F10 menu item, but if I frequent the same servers/missions. I import the menu, change the command to my liking, and gone is the "Options" menu, as VAICOM is able to execute the command directly.
I do understand the SRS/Voice Chat "issue" though.
You do know you can run several VoiceAttack profiles at the same time?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Ah, yeah. That makes sense. I don't really do MP myself.
Of course it cannot "know" every F10 menu item, but if I frequent the same servers/missions. I import the menu, change the command to my liking, and gone is the "Options" menu, as VAICOM is able to execute the command directly.
I do understand the SRS/Voice Chat "issue" though.
You do know you can run several VoiceAttack profiles at the same time?

Cheers!

Yeah I've not been a massive MP player either and would like to do more but I think Viacom had been one of those barriers. I do also wonder what the future will hold for improved ATC in game but probably a long way off yet to really consider properly.

Yeah I've not been a massive MP player either and would like to do more but I think Viacom had been one of those barriers. I do also wonder what the future will hold for improved ATC in game but probably a long way off yet to really consider properly.
I hear you, but I do not get why VAICOM would be a hindrance/barrier to the MP experience. Is it the "broadcast" parallel thing along with SRS, where the others will hear you "twice" when talking to ATC/AWACS etc? I get the "double broadcast", (your voice and then AI), might sound stupid, but maybe someone can come up with a mod that will supress player AI voice. Problem solved. As per real life every broadcast on a channel should be heard, or am I missing something.

If they can achieve anything near that old sim regarding ATC it will be AWESOME.
I'm pretty sure ED is aiming higher anyway.
For single player missions/campaigns it would be really cool if the future ATC/JTAC/AWACS/Wingmen etc. could be more tied in with voice overs etc. So one can use voice like in VAICOM to get a better experience, while talking the the assets mentioned above.

Cheers!

(Pssst Buddy. Viacom is a huuuuuge broadcast company. That's why it's already in your dictionary. )

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I hear you, but I do not get why VAICOM would be a hindrance/barrier to the MP experience. Is it the "broadcast" parallel thing along with SRS, where the others will hear you "twice" when talking to ATC/AWACS etc? I get the "double broadcast", (your voice and then AI), might sound stupid, but maybe someone can come up with a mod that will supress player AI voice. Problem solved. As per real life every broadcast on a channel should be heard, or am I missing something.

If they can achieve anything near that old sim regarding ATC it will be AWESOME.
I'm pretty sure ED is aiming higher anyway. emoji6.png
For single player missions/campaigns it would be really cool if the future ATC/JTAC/AWACS/Wingmen etc. could be more tied in with voice overs etc. So one can use voice like in VAICOM to get a better experience, while talking the the assets mentioned above. emoji4.png

Cheers!

(Pssst Buddy. Viacom is a huuuuuge broadcast company. That's why it's already in your dictionary. emoji6.png)

Never even noticed I was spelling it wrong....Probably done that a lot. Oops.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 2:03 AM, MAXsenna said:

The free community A-4E-C module will probably never be supported, like the free UH-60L, and that's the prerogative of the developer. They do work with Easy Comms on though.
But I agree, all paid modules should work within a couple of weeks of release, and fixed in two weeks if a DCS update knocks them out. Which updates actually often do, like with any 3rd party dev. DCS works like this for better or worse. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm starting to wish that there was an annual maintenance fee... For both...

Cheers!

Yeah agree on maintenance fee or subscription, I've got no issue with paying for a good product (eg I'm not even asking for a refund even though it doesn't work on all the menus).. but for a radio menu "replacement" I really needed it to work close to 100%. Had too many occasions of menu items not working, changing NVG, headset, contacting the Carrier from the Hornet, and a few other things that worked via "options" but not by the recognised commands in the manual. As it is now I see the price as very cheap, and don't know how it would compensate the developer enough for continuing to keep it working at the level I'd want to use it at.

I'd reported the issues both Discord and Forums, and if I saw a comment from the developer like "will be fixed end of month" or maybe even any comment at all maybe I'd stick with it. But it just seems like a take it or leave it as is type of system and any fixes would be either slow or a maybe.

Regarding the A-4E, even though it's not a paid module it's one that most people have because it stands on its own above and beyond any other mods as well as the fact it's been confirmed that it will NEVER switch to a paid module it's a mod for life. Having to switch to easy comms is not so good if you're not used to it, I wouldn't even know how to do easy comms though I'm sure it's "easy" 🙂  I guess I'd thought the radio menu replacement would be a DCS wide implementation, and wasn't aware it had alot of programming work per aircraft until after I installed.

Edited by DanDegen
  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 7/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, johnv2pt0 said:

I can't get mine working correctly with this module either.  You're not alone!

+1 😕

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1