Hmd turns itself off

The hmd in my f18 turns off within a few seconds of when I turn it on.

I use the mouse and roll it on using the dial.  Within a few seconds the dial rolls back without me touching it.

I have a track file, but it is too large to upload.   

I have been able to repeat this bug.   I looked at my control inputs and there is no key assigned,

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2021 at 3:31 PM, Thumper1911 said:

The hmd in my f18 turns off within a few seconds of when I turn it on.

I use the mouse and roll it on using the dial.  Within a few seconds the dial rolls back without me touching it.

I have a track file, but it is too large to upload.   

I have been able to repeat this bug.   I looked at my control inputs and there is no key assigned,

Hello.

Curious if you solved this.  I'm suddenly having same issue.

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswinds | HP Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, g2k said:

Hello.

Curious if you solved this.  I'm suddenly having same issue.

If the knob rotates back by itself check you keybinds and assignements for any unwanted bindings. 

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

This might be caused by default bindings in the .diff.lua files.
I found this piece of code in the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.diff.lua" under "DRIVE\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick"

["a3003cd58"] = {
			["added"] = {
				[1] = {
					["filter"] = {
						["curvature"] = {
							[1] = 0,
						},
						["deadzone"] = 0,
						["invert"] = true,
						["saturationX"] = 1,
						["saturationY"] = 1,
						["slider"] = false,
					},
					["key"] = "JOY_SLIDER1",
				},
			},
			["name"] = "HMD OFF/BRT Knob",

This seems to provide a default binding of the axis command "HMD OFF/BRT Knob" to ""JOY_SLIDER1".

I found the same in the file "WINWING Orion Throttle Base II + F18 HANDLE.diff.lua" and there may be more. I did not check all the .diff.lua files, so such a default binding may exist for more controllers.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Had a similar problem as in post one, i had the HMD on an axis control each time i turned it fully on after a second it jumped back to about one third on, the white line on the knob linning up under the h hmd sign, when i turned it off after a second it jumped back to the h mark.

Cleared the axis control  and used the mouse to scroll the same happened ending in the same position.

I do not have any keys bound and now no axis, using DCS OB MT.

The mission iwas flying was too long for track.

using X56 hotas

Edited by jackdaw
added joystick

I have my HMD knob bound to a rotary encoder on my button box, which works very well.
Wanted to see whether the problem reported here is a general issue. So I bound the HMD Axis to the slider on my TM WH throttle.

Result: No issue here. I can set the HMD over the full range from OFF to 100%, and it does not jump back to a different position.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I don't fly the bug, but it could be related to the mouse 'sticking' on the last knob you turn. This has been an issue for me with some of the knobs/switches on the Viper. Essentially, the mouse will stay 'stuck' to the last thing you clicked/scrolled on and then when you move the mouse it adjusts the 'sticky' function.

The way I found to make sure that doesn't happen is to do what I need to do, then click somewhere in the sky. Try that and let us know if it helps!