F110 nozzles animations

Mudflaps

Hello,

After looking closely at this insane model in MV and its animations, it seems to me that the nozzles animations are wrong.

I checked with some images/videos references of F110, also some blueprints, and made a very quick and dirty job to illustrate my thoughts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CX13YKhV1k

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Thank you.

I’m not really seeing anything wrong?

In what way do you think it’s not correct?

The outer slabs expand whilst the inner interlocking flaps open to maximum throat diameter.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

well the video you are seeing is a quick demo animation i made, ie the way i understand and see it on real footage.

Now compare it to in game animation or in Modelviewer, you will instantly spot the diffs.

JpWzIBH.jpeg

Open it looks fine, but closed, in my opinion it's wrong.

I hope i made it clearer

9 hours ago, Mudflaps said:

well the video you are seeing is a quick demo animation i made, ie the way i understand and see it on real footage.

Now compare it to in game animation or in Modelviewer, you will instantly spot the diffs.

JpWzIBH.jpeg

Open it looks fine, but closed, in my opinion it's wrong.

I hope i made it clearer

Yeah, you clarified it better, original post was a little vague.

It still looks exactly as I would expect it to, the slabs open out but the inner interlocking ring opens out exactly how it should. The ring is composed of flat (ish) plates that are arranged in an ‘over-under-over-under’ pattern so as to still describe a circular pattern whether converging, or diverging.

It behaves how it should. Look up con-di nozzles (convergent/divergent) on the web, you should find technical descriptions of the mechanics.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

5 minutes ago, Alphabet_Ghost said:

yes.

A man of few words.

If I can, can I ask in what way the nozzles are incorrect?

7分钟前,G.J.S说:

A man of few words.

If I can, can I ask in what way the nozzles are incorrect?

this is how it should be. flap in engine should close like F-16 in this picture

6dsW5FR.png

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost
  • Thanks 2

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

I think they mean on the inside

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache