Bug: Desync between helicopter boresight direction and attitude and what the Shturm sight THINKS is the helicopter's current boresight direction and attitude.

Hopefully I explain well enough. Tell me how to upload my track, it's too large to do it in this message with a size of 68.1 MB.

• First attack after takeoff, everything works, point towards target, OBSERVE ON, acquire and fire, I just miss the target. OBSERVE OFF, RESET RADIATION, SELECT next Shturm, break off from the target, re-orient.
  • Second attack, point towards target, OBSERVE ON, "Weird, the sight is banked 60 degrees to the left, but we're flying level bank." Acquire and fire, very near miss, whatever, I suck at aiming, OBSERVE OFF, RESET RADI...etc.
  • Third attack, point towards target, OBSERVE ON, "Why am I at a 90 degree left bank and slewed thirty degrees to the helicopter's right and 10-ish degrees down?" Slew as far as I can to try and get back to center, get gimbal locked. Whaaat, but I'm trying to point *towards helicopter boresight,* the opposite direction of the gimbal limits.
  • Double check all the switches, all seem good according to the manual.
  • I try going to Spectators then coming back in, everything works again, except when I OBSERVE ON, Pilot sees my pipper immediately shoot off down and to the right again. But it doesn't functionally matter because I can now have Launch Authorization tone again because from my POV everything matches. So talking through what I need Pilot to aim at on his HUD sight lets me launch subsequent launches, it just looks like to him that I'm pointing off in the original incorrect direction.

I'm open to the possibility I did something wrong and would be infinitely happy to fix the mistake, but if everything started working once I re-slotted and Pilot's HUD got desynced to where I was having problems originally, I feel like that's a desync issue, but again, I'll let ED folks look at it.

An additional desync I noticed: I wasn't hearing RWR sounds when the Pilot's RWR SIGNAL switch was on until after I reslotted. Then RWR audio matched the Pilot's RWR SIGNAL switch state.

I just need to find a way to get this track uploaded.

Also, I thought I posted this in Bugs and Problems, but apparently I was in the Controller Bugs and Problems section. Apologies.

Edited by dsrtfx
added additional desync (RWR sound) description

I suppose I'll keep monitoring it if it happens again. I do think I got the doors closed before we maneuvered, it just isn't imprinted in my mind if I did because it was working when I flew MP as PO before this patch. I've got Observe Off as a hat command to instantaneously close the doors on impact.