Is the WW2 Marianas Evaluation from ''Storm of War'' being considered? it should!

Slice313

I think Storm of War is one of the best things WW2 DCS actually has, it is such a pleasure to join the server, an endless sense of pure adventure. Who wouldn't like to see it expanded to the pacific? I Think that, if ED is serious about DCS WW2 and the pacific front, this superb document should be considered highly. I paste here the bare minimums asked, although ED always aims for more than the bare minimum 😁

The following is the absolute minimum set of units needed to make any Marianas campaign even feasible.

• At least one Japanese, flyable aircraft (A6M5, N1K1-J, or similar)
• Japanese infantry
• Japanese mortar+crew
• Japanese anti-aircraft guns
• Japanese coastal artillery piece
• US Fletcher-class DD (or Benson class)
• Japanese destroyer (Minekaze class or similar)
• Japanese-suitable cargo ship
• US B-24 Liberator, AI aircraft, as promised for the WW2 assets pack

https://stormofwar.info/documents/SoW-034-MarianasEvaluation_v03.pdf     by xvii-Dietrich

Please make it happen!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slice313 said:

I think Storm of War is one of the best things WW2 DCS actually has, it is such a pleasure to join the server, an endless sense of pure adventure. Who wouldn't like to see it expanded to the pacific? I Think that, if ED is serious about DCS WW2 and the pacific front, this superb document should be considered highly. I paste here the bare minimums asked, although ED always aims for more than the bare minimum 😁

https://stormofwar.info/documents/SoW-034-MarianasEvaluation_v03.pdf     by xvii-Dietrich

Please make it happen!

The list you posted is likely minimum 5 years away, probably a decade, if ever. We would be a lot better off just fighting the Germans in the Pacific.

Edited by pmiceli
  • Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

On 7/26/2021 at 8:29 AM, Nealius said:

B-17s didn't serve over the Marianas? I thought they saw quite a bit of use in the Pacific.

They did (C, D, E & F versions), but only until mid-ish 1943, when better PTO-suitable Liberators took over for good. Then there was a handful of SB-17Gs providing SAR ops in latest stages of war, but I think they were all stationed on Okinawa.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.