Computer Target Mode broken?

EagleA25

Hey Everyone... so, was bombing a little with the Cat and I tried to designate a AAA defended target by distance to attack it from altitude...
So, used Computer Target mode and VS Low and VS high to move the diamond, but PAL does not "lock" the location...

Something broke again?

Edit: Type was an F-14A with 12 Mk-82's... in Normal/CCIP mode all bombs released on target as scheduled...

Edited by EagleA25

On 7/24/2021 at 10:12 PM, near_blind said:

Was the diamond blinking? If so your slant range to the target was too great, and you need to get closer. 

It was blinking... but then, it was still blinking when I got close enough for AAA to get me...

On 7/26/2021 at 11:27 AM, near_blind said:

Was your radar on? I'm able to get a solid diamond outside of 5 miles. 

Absolutely...

Perhaps a little more detail...
I was in an F-14A on AlpenWolf's Cold War Server, with an A-10 running errants on the other side of the map...

I haven't tested this in the newest patch, but from experience you have to be pretty close. I don't have a hard number memorized, but from experience, I think the slant range is about ~10nm? Maybe a bit more or less? You know you're in range once the diamond stops blinking while moving it with VSL LO/HI. I use it to drop GBUs on lazed targets while staying above AA/manpads. 

Edited by Kondor77