Petrovich GUI position

Mainstay

I’m using a widescreen monitor with a resolution of 3440x1440 and I’m having issues with the GUI of Petrovitch. 

For some reason it’s seems when I activate his GUI it shows on the lower part of the screen instead of the center. I’m using trackir. It feels very weird to move my head higher then straight onto an area I want to place his GUI. 

How can I get this in the middle of my screen? 

g8PjVMw.png

On 7/25/2021 at 3:09 AM, Mainstay said:

I’m using a widescreen monitor with a resolution of 3440x1440 and I’m having issues with the GUI of Petrovitch. 

For some reason it’s seems when I activate his GUI it shows on the lower part of the screen instead of the center. I’m using trackir. It feels very weird to move my head higher then straight onto an area I want to place his GUI. 

How can I get this in the middle of my screen? 

May be this post can help you : 

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

On 7/26/2021 at 1:21 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi do you have any monitor.lua edits?

I didnt edit anything monitor wise. Ill show what i mean with a screenshot. I also dont use multiple monitors only a single one (HP Omen X 35)

g8PjVMw.png

Here you can see 0 degrees

i0SIpcK.jpg

And here you can see i have to tilt 20 degrees to get it at a point where i can work with it...

P28n1WI.jpg

And 20 degrees is the angle to start with so anything higher gets even more weird and unpleasant.

Edited by Mainstay
  • Like 1

g8PjVMw.png

In flight, you don't have to raise your head, on the contrary you have to lower it to target something.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• ED Team

It looks like its intended behaviour to have it centre of the screen, you can adjust your head position with the numpad keys if required, but it looks to be correct as is. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I see the post got the label "Correct as is". How is this correct? I dont understand the philosophy behind it.

For me correct as is would be that the 20 degrees postion was actually 0 degrees

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

It looks like its intended behaviour to have it centre of the screen, you can adjust your head position with the numpad keys if required, but it looks to be correct as is. 

Oke ill try this

g8PjVMw.png

• ED Team
14 minutes ago, Mainstay said:

I see the post got the label "Correct as is". How is this correct? I dont understand the philosophy behind it.

For me correct as is would be that the 20 degrees postion was actually 0 degrees

Oke ill try this

As I understand it, it is centre of screen not eye level which is what your trackIR is centred to. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You can adjust the center point for your trackir tracking on the fly. Just need to bind a button on the hotas for it.

So that your +20degree position becomes your new 0 degree head position.

I always thought that is a very crucial feature for trackir - I couldn't fly with resetting the centerpoint several times depending on what I'm doing.

(e.g. coldstart "in the cockpit"; dogfight "out of the cockpit".

I know - that is not neccessarily directly related to your request, but it might help you.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

@Mainstay Shut off your tracking, start DCS, get into the Mi-24, bring up Petrovich overlay, raise your head by pressing Num8 until the overlay matches the HUD, press Ralt +Num0 (not sure if that's default, check in controls) to save current view. Now every time you jump into an Mi-24, the viewpoint will default to your new setting. Restart DCS with TrackIr and see if you like it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SnuggleFairy said:

@Mainstay Shut off your tracking, start DCS, get into the Mi-24, bring up Petrovich overlay, raise your head by pressing Num8 until the overlay matches the HUD, press Ralt +Num0 (not sure if that's default, check in controls) to save current view. Now every time you jump into an Mi-24, the viewpoint will default to your new setting. Restart DCS with TrackIr and see if you like it...

oké thank you for the tip I’ll try that

g8PjVMw.png

2 hours ago, SnuggleFairy said:

This is the best way to go about setting the proper view in the Hind. I understand that the default view is probably to help people without head tracking see the instruments in normal flight, but if you have TrackIR, about 20 degrees up feels MUCH more natural and helps get the Petrovich UI in the right spot. My default view looks like the second picture slightly zoomed in. 

Edited by YeaImRota

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us

• 6 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 8:52 PM, SnuggleFairy said:

By far the easiest solution! I was looking at lua file alterations and all sorts before I stumbled across this. Don't know why I didn't think of this initially but cheers anyway.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,