stick to go on warBRD base

treasure

hi all, as i could never fix the TM sticktion problem satisfactorily, i use the TM stick on Virpil base, problem is not all flight sims can recognise this combo, hence i have to setup all the designations manually, as i dont want to be doing this, i am considering buying the Virpil stick to go on its base.

question is, how do you guys find the virpil stick? great quality?,  a bit cheap?  your feedback welcome  TIA

I use the constellation alpha, very good solid quality, I thought I would miss my f16 grip… the feel of the metal etc… nope..

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First, i replaced my Warthog Base with the WarBRD nearly a year ago...best decision ever! Its perfect.

On Christmas time 2020, i got my Virpil Alpha Constellation and replaced the Warthog Stick...now, after some months, i am back on the Warthog stick.

My experience:

- the Virpil alpha is quite uncomfortable in my hand on longer flights (though i optimised the handhold, position to my armchair, etc.). The handrest of the Warthog fits better to my hand.

- i never found a satisfying solution to replace the DMS and TMS and TRIM Buttons with the 2 Hats of the ALPHA. After half a year, my Warthog Stick muscle memory still let me push the wrong buttons...

- i find some buttons quite difficult to use appropriate (e.g. the Button for the pointing finger on the top)

- i find the Warthogs CMS button better to use, i often accidentally activated functions on the ALPHA i did not intent (e.g. CMS left, while i wanted CMS down)

- the 4-step-trigger (!) was for me quite confusing (i reduced this to 2-step-trigger in the software)

Whats great: The little Joystick for view control. But still missing DMS, TMS and TRIM.

So i am back to the Warthog Stick and for me, for all aicraft in DCS, Falcon etc...fits best. And the metal feeling...feels better imho.

And one soft factor for me is: I fly nearly all current and old flight sims...but as the F16 and the A10 are my long time favorites, i like the stick anyhow...

Edited by Paladin2005

This question is hard to answer, because it totally depends on your preference and the module you’re flying. The Constellation Alpha Grip is probably one of the most versatile grips VPC has to offer, but tends more to be a space sim stick. Lately I’m flying the F-14 a lot, so I went for the VPX and I’m very happy with it and can totally recommend that stick, but tbo it’s only really good if you fly the Tomcat.

The WarBRD Stick seems also to be a good aground solution but only has very few buttons compared the Warthog stick. If you have enough buttons on your throttle you should be fine, otherwise this can be a bummer.

I tried my best here to help, but after all, it’s up to you 😊