Dale Snodgrass Update

Victory205

Great stories from a legend. Requiescat in pace.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Are any of Snort's liveries in the downloads section?

I am even having a tough time finding any shots of any of his rides except from the demonstration videos. 

Sure would be fun to do the banana pass in that plane! 😎

RIP Dale...

Personally i wouldn't have put up the video, nobody likes to see a bro come to grief . . . plus all the armchair crash investigators are gonna come out. :detective:

Edited by G.J.S

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

6 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

Personally i wouldn't have put up the video, nobody likes to see a bro come to grief . . . plus all the armchair crash investigators are gonna come out. :detective:

Agreed. This whole thread needs to come down. I was overly optimistic in my original post that members here would be respectful. 

Let me see what I can do.

Viewpoints are my own.

5 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

Agreed. This whole thread needs to come down. I was overly optimistic in my original post that members here would be respectful. 

Let me see what I can do.

Indeed.

Raise a glass to the man, you don't need to show the guys last breath.

Plus:- Victory, you more than any of us have the right to announce the passing of a great man - you both have time in the same bird - but to the wider world there are some that also have a connection, namely having served in a similar capacity, and those of us recognize 'great' and 'talented' when we hear it, even if those of us never even shared airspace with him. This thread i believe should stand as a small but poignant nod to a fellow hand, but should be closed - not deleted.

He is a part of everything Navy, everything F-14, everything combat. 

Similar blood runs through similar veins

We raise a glass, thank the gods that we never came to grief when still in - or say a silent prayer if still serving, and tomorrows another day. 

Edited by G.J.S

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

36 minutes ago, Reflected said:

OK, fair point, video removed. There are other videos with an armchair investigator's narration, which I found downright offending. But even the raw version draws these people out.

I meant absolutely no disrespect by posting it, au contraire.

Thank you,

The mishap is sad, but the speculators bother me almost as much as some of them seem gleeful to lose a fighter pilot like Dale. Pertaining to the amateur accident speculators, not you Reflected, all I can say is that it is a sickness that runs deep, caused by the hatred that comes with envy. No one knows what happened yet, so putting trash up for views that bring in cash is reprehensible in my view.

• Like 4

Viewpoints are my own.

1 hour ago, G.J.S said:

Indeed.

Raise a glass to the man, you don't need to show the guys last breath.

Plus:- Victory, you more than any of us have the right to announce the passing of a great man - you both have time in the same bird - but to the wider world there are some that also have a connection, namely having served in a similar capacity, and those of us recognize 'great' and 'talented' when we hear it, even if those of us never even shared airspace with him. This thread i believe should stand as a small but poignant nod to a fellow hand, but should be closed - not deleted.

He is a part of everything Navy, everything F-14, everything combat. 

Similar blood runs through similar veins

We raise a glass, thank the gods that we never came to grief when still in - or say a silent prayer if still serving, and tomorrows another day. 

Well said. We share in loss like this. We’ve seen the aftermath, confused children, sobbing wives, crew, technicians and leaders all wondering if there was something the could have done to stop it before it happened.

Dale lived a full life to say the least, but he was just a regular guy with flaws and strengths like everyone else, who aggressively took advantage of opportunity. He seemed to be focused on living out his golden years with a dream cabin in the hills of Idaho, finally setting down, as much as a guy like him could.

As I said in the beginning, let he and his family find peace. 

• Like 1

Viewpoints are my own.

We will close this thread, I also hid all the investigative vids/ comments.

This thread is solely meant to show our respect to a great aviator and to express our sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. Please be so kind and consider that everything else is out of place. Thank you for your kind understanding.

In the end, take a brief moment and think of a man worthy of our thoughts and wish him farewell. May we all reunite in love one day, and share our stories at a better place. May we all stay safe and those of us who fly, fly safe at all times.

R.I.P. Dale "Snort" Snodgrass. We thank you for a life dedicated to aviation, a life that inspired and continues to inspire. And we send our best wishes to his family in this trying time. May they find love and strength and peace in the thought that his memory will continue to live on in our hearts and our minds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/